Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnysea View Post
    Why should that matter? It doesn’t make it any easier to justify.
    Because that first and only gun may be the difference in their safety which is what you were concerned about.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    What if it's their first and only gun?
    I'm not saying its my first but it probably isn't 😂 😂 😂

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Reliant Firearms and Transfers, LLC. Just search by zip code 48843 and check the " Only show FFLs on-file with PSA" checkbox.

If you've already ordered it, I can email my FFL to their compliance department (compliance@palmettostatearmory.com). I just need you to PM me your order number, name and description of the item(s).

You'll need to contact them as well to give the OK.

I know. Don't feel pressured to do so. Just giving you an option.
    Well PSA never replied to my email and this morning I got a notification they shipped it. I called the FFL and his voicemail says he's closed for the 3 week shutdown. I left him a message but who knows if Ill hear back.

The question is, what will UPS do with this? Will they hold it until April 13th or will they return to PSA?

Edit: Spoke to the FFL, not gonna get into details but everything will be fine.
    Last edited by TylerV76; 03-25-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    Because that first and only gun may be the difference in their safety which is what you were concerned about.

This is important. Lots of people are first time buyers today because they realize (finally) the government cannot protect them in times like these. People will find a way to fit through the cracks in the law. When we're talking about both constitutional right and, IMO, a human right to live: find/obtain life sustaining food, water, shelter, medical care/medicine, the same applies to protecting oneself. I'm all for it in the most legally defensible way possible. There are enough cracks in the executive order that private transactions should be possible. Getting a purchase permit for a handgun is certainly an issue. But FTF transactions for long guns or ammo should be doable.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    Edit: Spoke to the FFL, not gonna get into details but everything will be fine.
    Great news, TylerV76.

I am a Forum User
    Has anyone checked Rural King? I was hoping to swing by there next week.
    Last edited by Brace; 03-26-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu View Post

This is important. Lots of people are first time buyers today because they realize (finally) the government cannot protect them in times like these. People will find a way to fit through the cracks in the law. When we're talking about both constitutional right and, IMO, a human right to live: find/obtain life sustaining food, water, shelter, medical care/medicine, the same applies to protecting oneself. I'm all for it in the most legally defensible way possible. There are enough cracks in the executive order that private transactions should be possible. Getting a purchase permit for a handgun is certainly an issue. But FTF transactions for long guns or ammo should be doable.
    She will not even write a comprehensive list. She is a coward snarky lil brat that wants to have it both ways. She does not want to shut people down and be sued. She wants to guilt trip people into submission.

She just said on the news, if you are unsure if you are essential, then you are not essential. To much of a coward to write a list, she has had since mid january to write it, she is slacking. No worries if your business closes either, she does not care.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I'm in mid michigan (lansing) and was wondering which ffl dealers are still doing transfers right now. Is there a list somewhere? I know notjustguns is doing them by appointment only but I feel like $45 is a little steep if I can find someone else. Just thought I would ask you all before I start calling around. Thanks in advance!

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
    And how are the police going to know?

Date on the paperwork would be a dead giveaway.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234