Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged1 View Post
    Here's a follow-on question though- if you don't keep the guns in the original boxes (I don't) then how do you store them in your cabinet/safe? Padded sleeves, those rod-hanger things, big old pile?
    I have the rod-hanger things…but ran out, so there is a bit of a stack now…some leaning against the inner walls…

Need more rods…and maybe door pockets…and probably a bigger safe…or an additional safe…

You will notice that "sell some guns" never came up!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I can only speak to handguns, but I always keep the original plastic boxes (haven't been doing this long enough to see any with cardboard). I store the manuals and any replaced or upgraded parts in them so I know where to find them later if needed. I agree that I wouldn't pay more for an original box but I do consider it a plus if it is included in the sale.

Here's a follow-on question though- if you don't keep the guns in the original boxes (I don't) then how do you store them in your cabinet/safe? Padded sleeves, those rod-hanger things, big old pile?
    Apparently you don't buy many Rugers, my LCP and MKIV, both came in a cardboard box. Keeping the price down I guess
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    I saw this (or something very similar) once upon a time and thought "you'll meet god before I pay that for a foam pistol rack" and ended up making one out of a 1" thick piece of oak and delrin (kydex) dividers that sits on the top shelf of my safe. Below it / next shelf down is a magazine rack.

I've been happy with these: https://www.rjkventures.com/collections/armory-racks
    Not the cheapest on the market,but effective,modular, and simple.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I have handgun racks in the safe. Takes up much less room in the safe, and doesn't hold moisture which I'm told that the cardboard boxes, sleeves, and padded cases can. Also have a desiccant absorbing box in with them. (mine can be re-activated by placing it in an over at low heat) It also allows me to find a gun easily without searching through boxes or sleeves.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Thanks for the info everybody, looks like my instinct to keep all of the boxes was probably a good one. (Just need to find that extra storage space that a few mentioned.)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 2A4Ever View Post
    I have handgun racks in the safe. Takes up much less room in the safe, and doesn't hold moisture which I'm told that the cardboard boxes, sleeves, and padded cases can. Also have a desiccant absorbing box in with them. (mine can be re-activated by placing it in an over at low heat) It also allows me to find a gun easily without searching through boxes or sleeves.
    Thanks for the reminder! I haven't baked my desiccant in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Einthewoods View Post
    Thanks for the reminder! I haven't baked my desiccant in a while.
    Get a golden rod, plug it in, forget about it
    Active airport shooter

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Get a golden rod, plug it in, forget about it
    I have both, but my Remington 365 desiccant dehumidifier inside the same safe still indicates needing drying about every 6-8 months.

The golden rod does "most" of the work, but not all.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User

bamboo plate rack $8 @ Amazon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast