Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I keep all of the original boxes as well. Not sure if it adds value, but I think it makes it easer to get your asking price.

I am a Forum User
    I keep all my original boxes!

I keep them all regardless of size. Kind of makes me go, HMMMMM when I make an offer on a gun without the original packaging & paper work. Especially the manual.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Original box and manual removes at least 1/2 the round count when it comes time to sell.
    I save em!

I'm with the majority here, and don't understand the guy selling the Gen 4 Glock, with everything but the factory case!!! lol
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Sold a 22 target rifle a few years back got much more than the going price since I had the original box - keep all my long gun & hand gun boxes
    I have had buyers ask if I have the original pckaging. helps in he sale.
    Last edited by buskerman161; 04-11-2020 at 07:27 AM. Reason: delete

In the case of late 80's -early 90 Sig pistols if you had a factory nickel gun the only proof was on the box,and later outer cardboard sleeve. Many have been tossed, now there is no way to authenticate the factory finish.

I am a Forum User
    Only reason I keep them is just in case I would have to send the firearm back to the manufacturer for work.

Since I have assembled all my ARs I don't have boxes for those, LOL.

MGO Member
    I can only speak to handguns, but I always keep the original plastic boxes (haven't been doing this long enough to see any with cardboard). I store the manuals and any replaced or upgraded parts in them so I know where to find them later if needed. I agree that I wouldn't pay more for an original box but I do consider it a plus if it is included in the sale.

Here's a follow-on question though- if you don't keep the guns in the original boxes (I don't) then how do you store them in your cabinet/safe? Padded sleeves, those rod-hanger things, big old pile?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast