Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post

bamboo plate rack $8 @ Amazon
    That looks like a great idea. Are the pegs far enough apart to use with a large auto, or revolver? I assume that you you put the guns in upside down (Grip up) and that it is high enough to protect the front sights? Any pics with firearms?

I am a Forum User
    Grip down, everything fits

Keep the box for resale if possible. Always a plus for the buyer.

I can see getting rid of boxes for guns you know you'll keep for life.

Raid the kitchen and save some bucks!!!

Name:  rack.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  5.3 KB

Raid the kitchen and save some big bucks!!! I use these. Vertical rubber coated plate racks available anywhere they sell Household Kitchen items. Styles vary, some fit handguns better than others. The one in the picture works perfect for semi-auto pistols. Revolvers work too, but you might loose a space, or custom bend the wire for a better fit. I have four of them in my safe on a slide out shelf, works perfectly. I was going to buy "gun specific" racks, till I saw the prices. These are $6 and up. If it says it's made for a gun, the price quadruples, just like "gun" lube.

I also save all my original boxes, unless they are "milsurp" boxes with zero labeling, etc. I seldom sell, but if you're selling a collector, this is not a minor thing.

MGO Member
    Cardboard boxes I don't keep. Plastic I do keep.

I run

I would if you have some room in the corner of the attic, the rafter in unfinished basement. Keep the manuals all that crap the people who nerd out over it are serious. I do not care myself, if you wanted to take 20-30 bucks off a gun to keep case, lock, manual, factory accessory etc you can keep it.

If you do have boxes for 20-30-40 years ago, make sure you look em up before you trash them to make room. Some can go for good money, even a empty ammo box from 60-90s has value.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234