Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Loud loud guns

Gman, muzzle blast varies depending on the gas pressure at the muzzle that produced it. A short barrel allows the gases to escape at a point where pressures are as close to the max for the cartridge as possible. The size of the bore has little to add or subtract that Ive noticed other then the pitch of the sound
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Gman, muzzle blast varies depending on the gas pressure at the muzzle that produced it. A short barrel allows the gases to escape at a point where pressures are as close to the max for the cartridge as possible. The size of the bore has little to add or subtract that Ive noticed other then the pitch of the sound
    This.

I am a Forum User

Nobody has mentioned this yet?

Eargesplitten Loudenboomer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_...n_Loudenboomer

Of everything that I have, I’d say my 7.5” AR is probably the loudest. Much louder than my 16” .308 with a tank brake. It’s about on par with my 5” .454, but has a crisper more shrieking bite to it with equal concussion. It is significantly more tame with the linear comp that’s on it, without it it was flat out unpleasant for everyone involved within 30 feet. With the comp it’s at least tolerable for the shooter.

I am a Forum User
    All that unburned powder is just so good for velocities...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    But it looks impressive!

I am a Forum User
    ahhh, the good ol Eargesplitten Loudenboomer,

Velocity as the holey grail.

Don't matter if you can hit it, the shock wave will nock it senseless so you can whack it with the rifle butt.

While I did not play around that that insanity, one of the older guys at my old range had a rifle and the reloading equipment for it. some sorta falling block action with not much more then a 4x4 for a stock.

It was loud no doubt. and the pumpkins were not safe if they wondered in within 25 yards. Course the muzzle blast would punkin pie all the other punkins 80 degrees on either side.

No doubt about it, the most handiest rifle when you are being invaded by a herd of malicious punkins. Everybody needs one of those at the back door.

If I recall, wasn't quite the 50 bmg migrane intensity but close.

Anybody else use the Eargesplitten Loudenboomer?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Oh, it’s pretty useless for a rifle, lol. Energy wise it’s about the save as a 10mm, but it’s moving too slow for a 55 grain bullet to do any of its witchcraft unless it’s one of Hornady’ s boutique loads. IIRC velocity out of my pistol is about the same at the muzzle as a 16” gun is at about 300 yards. ~2200 fps. I treat it like a pistol with the blast of a rifle, but decent accuracy out to 100 yards. It’s my go to Jeep gun when on trails up north, but mainly because of its size and maneuverability. I wouldn’t use it for HD unless loaded with Hornadys new critical defense (which is dependent on expansion rather than tumbling, and does expand at low velocities too).

It is a ton of fun though, and it feels TINY.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo9991 View Post
    So current event in my neck of the woods are making me seek out a firearm so loud that you don't even wanna shoot it, I'm thinking AR 10 308 with a tank brake, I wanna be 'that guy' only requirements is semi auto and ammo cant be super expensive (mag dumps, maybe binary trigger)
    My SCAR17s with factory brake is brutal. Even with a flash hider QD mount, it was louder than my 308AR with a compensator. Concussive muzzle blast.

It's definitely not polite with the QD mount brake I use now. Only rifle I've owned that NEEDS a silencer. And I've had a couple 50 BMG rifles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123