Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Holster feedback with new belt

With all the chaos in the world (and even more now with corona), I feel like I need to upgrade my setup this month. Right now I cc Glock19, iwb w/ Kore 1.5" tactical belt (my favorite belt) and I want to look at a new holster and the new kore 1.75" garrison belt. Holds more mags and gear. wanted some feedback on any new holsters folks have tried or would recommend that wil work with my glock and 1.75" belt?

I am a Forum User
    I use two different holsters for my XD depending on circumstance.

When doing outdoors chores (tractor, stomping around in the woods) I use a Blackhawk CQC Serpa. Some folks don't like the Serpa as they think they are going to shoot themselves when drawing. The way to overcome that....practice. I like this holster for out doing manly chores as there is no chance it is going to get snagged and then I will be looking in the woods for my weapon.
    https://blackhawk.com/serpa-cqc-matt...lment-holster/

When just around town, I use a Galco Speed Paddle. Love this holster.
    https://www.galcogunleather.com/spee..._8_5_1472.html

Both come with belt mount and paddle included.

I use them both with my Kore 1.5" Tactical
    https://www.koreessentials.com/colle...-tactical-belt
    Last edited by Einthewoods; 03-30-2020 at 05:13 PM.

I have wanted to try that kore belt, do you ever try or want something more traditional that blends in more ?

I grabbed a cross breed plain brown leather belt last year, pretty happy. I have been looking at a hanks belt as well. I trashed two 5.11 leather belts with the poly line and would not recommend a 5.11 with poly liner. lifetime warranty is fake. They do not support their products.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCC View Post
    With all the chaos in the world (and even more now with corona), I feel like I need to upgrade my setup this month. Right now I cc Glock19, iwb w/ Kore 1.5" tactical belt (my favorite belt) and I want to look at a new holster and the new kore 1.75" garrison belt. Holds more mags and gear. wanted some feedback on any new holsters folks have tried or would recommend that wil work with my glock and 1.75" belt?
    I just got a new holster 3 days ago for my G19 and so far its been amazing. Isn't moving or wiggling and the claw keeps the handle tucked in very nicely. I actually bought the G26 version since I carry that a lot and the G19 fits it perfectly. It fits 1.75" belts and comes with 2 size claws. Heres the G19 version.

https://www.amazon.com/Fierce-Defend...4&sr=8-18&th=1

Since my last post I’ve clearly had a lot of time on my hands at home to do my research and order my new setup- so I
    went back to kore and picked up their new garrison belt. I measured it and it really is a full 1.75 inches wide as the company states. Same ratchet system as other belts which I am familiar with an really like.

Thanks for the recommendations on holsters- I went with the Speed Mastr paddle and loaded up the belt- the Garrison could handle the holster and with the wider belt I can now carry more mags and a knife now. My wife thinks it’s a bit crazy to see all this loaded up and doubts it can hold the weight But showd her how to adjust the belt tighter to my waist for support.

First impressions having just tried it out for the day around the house and yard is that its a beast. I plan to post a better review once next month if this damn lockdown is lifted after I test this thing out for any of you who are interested.

Gents- me again....now that I've had the new kore garrison style belt for about a bit or so I wanted to post a followup because sometimes intial quality goes away once you use it. So far I was able to sneak in a few range runs and in between have worn it for my owb carry. I've been tryin to go to the range more than usual with all thats going on...I dunno maybe i really have too much time on my hands. For the range its stiff and supportive enough to hold my glock and I can honestly say there is no real sign of wear so far. Its a beast quite honestly. For edc I found it ony works for owb. Its waaay to wide and stiff for appendix and iwb (must the the 1.75 width.) none the less I wanted to update those who read my post because if we buy crap and don’t share it ain’t cool. This is not crap. This thing is legit.

Speaking of- Does anyone else have a favorite range belt ?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCC View Post
    Gents- me again....now that I've had the new kore garrison style belt for about a bit or so I wanted to post a followup because sometimes intial quality goes away once you use it. So far I was able to sneak in a few range runs and in between have worn it for my owb carry. I've been tryin to go to the range more than usual with all thats going on...I dunno maybe i really have too much time on my hands. For the range its stiff and supportive enough to hold my glock and I can honestly say there is no real sign of wear so far. Its a beast quite honestly. For edc I found it ony works for owb. Its waaay to wide and stiff for appendix and iwb (must the the 1.75 width.) none the less I wanted to update those who read my post because if we buy crap and don’t share it ain’t cool. This is not crap. This thing is legit.

Speaking of- Does anyone else have a favorite range belt ?

https://www.trayvax.com/collections/...cts/cinch-belt

Simple and affordable.