Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I think upon seeing what the 2.75in BB shell did to Paul Harrell's meat target my choice of goose rounds is justified, best of both worlds. I imagine my T shot would work out even better.

Account Closed Forum User
    [QUOTE=dice;3200389]
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post

I knew that was coming from someone. I don't think anyone here is going to volunteer to get shot with a pellet rifle, let alone a 12 gauge.
    If anyone here thinks that birdshot is the best thing to defend yourself and your family, go right ahead.
    The rest of us will use an effective load to stop the threat. My family is worth it.

Dice
    I sure as heck wouldn't want to be shot at any yard with a shotgun. No way!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post

If you promise not to shoot me in the nards or face, sure. When can we set up a time ?
    Don't do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    Don't do that!
    I thought the joke was clear, I have seen hundreds of people asked, ohhh yeaaah, bet you won't stand in front of 22, 25, 32, 380 bird shot !!!

I was throwing back a crazy ohhhh yeaaaah.

They need to go buy some bird shot and shoot a 1.5-2 lb squirrel at 30 ft and see him shrug it off. Definitely not drop. Not right away anyways.

The claims need context. 200 lb - 260 lb dude with layers on I think can shake off bird shot to the body twice no problem. They won't even feel it for a few minutes.

I am a Forum User
    It's a matter of comparatives. I wouldn't want to get shot with anything but if I had to get shot, there are better choices than others. I'd rather get shot with birdshot than buckshot. I'd rather get shot with a 25ACP than a 45ACP. I'd rather get shot with FMJ than JHP in the same caliber...and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    It's a matter of comparatives. I wouldn't want to get shot with anything but if I had to get shot, there are better choices than others. I'd rather get shot with birdshot than buckshot. I'd rather get shot with a 25ACP than a 45ACP. I'd rather get shot with FMJ than JHP in the same caliber...and so on.
    Agreed. If you get shot with bird shot, not in eyes or nards, you won't even miss a day of work, short trip to the 24 hr clinic.

I am a Forum User
    Agreed. If you get shot with bird shot, not in eyes or nards, you won't even miss a day of work, short trip to the 24 hr clinic.
    Are you saying you will be out robbing other houses the next day?
    No treatment needed by a Dr. of any kind? No police report & if there was, you will be released to do it again?

Sounds like a problem with the legal system more then the home owner that you just KILLED because he only used birdshot to defend his home & family.

MGO Member
    I always have heard buffered and plated #1 is the best, with OO buck the next best.

But at close range, like a couple of inches...it all acts the same! Brains will be on the floor even with #8 birdshot

I am a Forum User
    Call me a sissy, but I don't even want to get shot by a slingshot and rock.

I thought the joke was clear, I have seen hundreds of people asked, ohhh yeaaah, bet you won't stand in front of 22, 25, 32, 380 bird shot !!!

I was throwing back a crazy ohhhh yeaaaah.
    Unfortunately I have seen others post similar things. It really rubs me the wrong way when I see it. Is it a challenge? A pointless rant? A threat? Who can tell what the poster's intentions are but anyone that suggests pointing a firearm at a person on a gun forum is out of line - IMHO.

They need to go buy some bird shot and shoot a 1.5-2 lb squirrel at 30 ft and see him shrug it off. Definitely not drop. Not right away anyways.
    I have dropped little red squirrels with #7 in a 410 at 30 - 40 feet or so. I don't like killing things but the red squirrels chew holes in the garage and boat house and cause some real damage. The #7 does the job but you are right ... not a movie shot that sends them flying back 15 feet. I figure the #7 is a good compromise between taking care of the squirrels without the pellets carrying too far.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast