Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Eddystone 1917 current market value

Just wondering what current market value is for my Eddystone rifle

October 1918 production date per serial no.
    CAI import marked
    JA stamped rebarrel at some point
    Counterbored
    Wood all original and in good condition
    No major pitting
    Barrel bore pitted, but rifling still there and visible. Need to get to the bench with it to see if it groups at all.

Pics attached

MGO Member
    Seen them all over! My GUESS... 6-700? could be off. Seen a few REALY nice Winchesters go for 1000-1100 on the CMP board. You could ask there as well. And a good place to sell as well.

I am a Forum User
    You see some mil surp rifles sell for big bucks, that’s collector money. To get big money from collectors it’s all about condition and rarity. Unfortunately yours doesn’t really have either. You’ve got a replacement barrel that’s in rough shape and it’s an M1917, which doesn’t have a huge collector following. If your stock has a big “E” stamped into the end and an “E” stamped into the underside of the bolt handle, it may be worth trying to find an original barrel in decent shape. If the stock and bolt aren’t both Eddystone parts, it’s not worth it.

The other two groups of people who’d want it are shooters, who will be turned off by the smoked barrel and regular people who want it for a starter collection or nostalgia. Both of these groups of people are notoriously cheap. You won’t see collector money out of them.

My guess is $300. A new barrel from the CMP is $250 installed, maybe it goes for around $600 after that. You never know though.

Mike.
    Last edited by mtlucas0311; 04-02-2020 at 05:29 PM.

I bought a very clean in Cosmo line eddy 6 years ago for $900. Sold for $750 two years later. They are great shooters! Wish I hadn't sold it now but funded part of a motorcycle.

I say 6-900