Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Remember the fix NICS that everyone thought was harmless gun law and not gun control? This is your "fix". Enjoy!
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Remember the fix NICS that everyone thought was harmless gun law and not gun control? This is your "fix". Enjoy!
    What does this have to do with the topic?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    You’re overthinking it..

When you buy a gun from an FFL, you fill out a form now, on that form it specifically ask about illegal drug use..

If you answer that you do no use drugs, and they bust you at a later date and time using drugs, now they have you for additional charges..
    Incorrect. Nothing changed relevant to this.

Before the Brady exemption was rescinded:

1. If you bought from an FFL, you still had to answer question 11.e on Form 4473 regardless of whether you had a CPL is or if I ran a NICS background check on you.

2, If you bought private party, a CPL was (and remains today) valid for private party transfers, you didn't complete a Form 4473.

3. If you bought private party without a CPL and had to get a LTP, you don't fill out Form 4473. Unless something has changed in the last ~15 years, they don't ask you about drug use when you get a LTP.

So your 'You're overthinking it' point is overthought.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Remember the fix NICS? Is that even English? I don't even know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Remember the fix NICS? Is that even English? I don't even know what you're talking about.
    I'm assuming he's referencing this: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/4477

But I don't see how that relates to the ATF disqualifying an MI CPL as an alternative to a NICS check.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    I'm assuming he's referencing this: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/4477

But I don't see how that relates to the ATF disqualifying an MI CPL as an alternative to a NICS check.
    Thanks.

Yes, that's completely unrelated to the state not doing their job.

It's amazing that up till 3-3-20. We were all good.. It seems to be all about the Pot being Legal in the state, and all those whom were charged under were wipe clean and those "pot Users" can now apply for a permit?.. As they don't have a record any more.
    Last edited by XDM 40 cal; 04-12-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal View Post
    It's amazing that up till 3-3-20. We were all good.. It seems to be all about the Pot being Legal in the state, and all those whom were charged under we wipe clean and those "pot Users" can now apply for a permit?.. As they don't have a record any more.
    I heard that the BATFE had been asking Michigan to fix the process for quite some time, but they never did.

Does ANYBODY know someone who was issued a CPL *after* obtaining their medical marijuana card?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I heard that the BATFE had been asking Michigan to fix the process for quite some time, but they never did.

Does ANYBODY know someone who was issued a CPL *after* obtaining their medical marijuana card?
    Personally no. During the time when I work for a FFL, MSP wouldn't approve anyone that had a Medical Card. I've had people call asking if they could buy a firearm, I told them ask a lawyer if the were legally able to... It come's down to that one question on the 4473 that if you lie can put you butt in a sling.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Something with all of this, and the MM card doesn't make sense unless they changed a bunch of stuff in the law with making recreational use legal.

When it was just for medicinal use, the card was used as a defense against getting charged. The cops could not "look up" if you had a card or not, you would have to present the card, then the number on the card could be looked up and validated. The database was not indexed by name, only by number. The MSP didn't just have the info, the FBI or anyone else had no access either.

If that has changed, then never mind.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast