Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

NRA Sues New York Over Gun-Store Crackdown

NRA Sues New York Over Gun-Store Crackdown

Second Amendment group challenges Cuomo's closure order

By Stephen Gutowski
    Washington Free Beacon
    April 3, 2020

The National Rifle Association filed a federal lawsuit against New York governor Andrew Cuomo (D.) on Thursday night in an effort to reopen gun stores closed by the emergency coronavirus shutdown.

Cuomo ordered all "nonessential" businesses to cease "in-office personnel functions" on March 22. He did not label gun businesses as "essential." Since federally licensed gun dealers are required by law to conduct in-person background checks for each sale, the order effectively closed gun stores in the state and cut off most legal gun sales. The NRA said the governor's shutdown order is an "assault" on "Second Amendment freedoms."

"There isn't a single person who has ever used a gun for self-defense who would consider it nonessential," Wayne LaPierre, NRA executive vice president, said in a statement. "This is clearly another assault by Gov. Cuomo on the NRA, on the rights of New Yorkers to defend themselves and their families, and on our Second Amendment freedoms. The NRA will continue to fight all such attacks until Gov. Cuomo recognizes that constitutional rights are for every New Yorker and every American—and not just for politicians and their privileged friends."

The governor's office did not respond to a request for comment on the case. New York attorney general Letitia James (D.) vowed to fight the NRA in court.

Just another reason against "universal background checks".

It also looks like they don't even see the issue they are being for,

"New York attorney general Letitia James (D.) vowed to fight the NRA in court.

"Everyone—including the NRA—must follow the law and all executive orders of New York," James said in a statement. "We will aggressively defend the state against yet another legal assault by the NRA.""
    She sees it as just another "assault by the NRA".

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Just another reason against "universal background checks".

It also looks like they don't even see the issue they are being for,

She sees it as just another "assault by the NRA".
    It's called "framing the conversation."
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.