Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

I think I found another Glock Trigger Guard undercut ...

So in a previous post I worked on my Glock 22 Geng 3 trying to semi customize it for better grip control. I ended up doing a trigger guard under cut. The picture below shows the Traditional Trigger guard undercuts "A" & "B" which are done from bottom up shaving material in the vertical direction to promote higher grip of the strong hand and a grrove for the weak hand index finger.

Well today as I was tinkering around, I felt that there is still something to be desired from the cut "B" to allow better wrapping around of my weak hand around the gun.. So I opted for a third cut "C" as shown below in this picture. the cut "C" is in the horizontal direction of the gun and the result was magical. Amazingly, the gun now sinks in my grip and I feel I am in total control of it.. Can't wait to try it at the range. I did some preliminary googing and I didn't find it reported before, how come the Glock frame modifiers have missed that feature. All of the reported images are some aggressive variations of cuts "A" & "B", but none on Cut "C", unless I missed on the google part.. I thought I might share with you and if you like the idea you can throw me some green stamps.. I got one today and it is addictive..

How well will it hold up if dropped on the trigger guard?
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    How well will it hold up if dropped on the trigger guard?
    The trigger is still covered in the front and in the rear of cut "C" with the original trigger guard width..

Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    The trigger is still covered in the front and in the rear of cut "C" with the original trigger guard width..

I think he many the possibility of fracturing the frame at the undercuts slimmest point.

I like it. I’ve been tossing around the idea of having my G20C cut....or just buying a Timberwolf frame for it. Gen 3’s are CHUNKY.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I think he many the possibility of fracturing the frame at the undercuts slimmest point.

I like it. I’ve been tossing around the idea of having my G20C cut....or just buying a Timberwolf frame for it. Gen 3’s are CHUNKY.
    I had the exact same idea of buying a polymer 80, then I decided I don't want to deal with serializing it and all of this extra paper work, so I took the task on the gen3... Worst thing that can happen is I will end up ruining then I can use the internals and buy a serialized frame all together.. Turned out to be an easier than I thought job..

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Jim can you post some pics of how your finger rests in this new cut so we can see it in “action”?

Thanks in advance!
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Jim can you post some pics of how your finger rests in this new cut so we can see it in “action”?

Thanks in advance!
    sure.. I had my son take these picture of how I like to grip the gun.. I hope this helps to show how the additional cut "C" helps in relieving the interaction between the trigger guard and my weak hand index finger.

MGO Member
    Nice job, looks good.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Nice job, looks good.
    thanks brother, it feels even better.. Unfortunately I can't do all these changes on the other glocks as it will throw them out of the SSP class in IDPA.. But I am prepping this gun for steel challenge... I have the right load for it as well.. Can't wait for when life goes back to normal and we start going to matches together..

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Jim, thanks for the pictures. That’s about what I was imagining but an actual image helps a ton.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast