Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

browning-1911 380acp 3.6 inch vs sig p238, SA 911, kimber 380, colt 380

$413 https://www.cdnnsports.com/browning-...l#.Xot_b4hKg2w

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...s-compact.html

No one ever mentions these, is there something about them negative I have never heard anyone say anything good or bad.

They are only 16 oz.

Whats the good or bad ?

I am a Forum User
    They were hot when they first came out, but that's it. Browning tried marketing them under their stupid "Black Label" tacticool brand. The majority of gun owners have grown up in the striker era. They don't want to bother with SAO and safeties. Also, "Browning" doesn't come to mind when people think about defensive handguns. Especially now that the HiPower is in limbo. The 1911 still carries on, but nobody wants a 380 bigger than a 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    They were hot when they first came out, but that's it. Browning tried marketing them under their stupid "Black Label" tacticool brand. The majority of gun owners have grown up in the striker era. They don't want to bother with SAO and safeties. Also, "Browning" doesn't come to mind when people think about defensive handguns. Especially now that the HiPower is in limbo. The 1911 still carries on, but nobody wants a 380 bigger than a 9mm.
    They are indeed bigger than the p238, and 911, but dont weight a ton more.

How do the p238 and 911 sell at your job/store ? I was under the impression they were pretty popular.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    They are indeed bigger than the p238, and 911, but dont weight a ton more.

How do the p238 and 911 sell at your job/store ? I was under the impression they were pretty popular.
    I'm a Glock fanboy but I just picked up a P238 Legion and love it. I legitimately forget I'm carrying it in my pocket and having a safety gives me some peace of mind.

I carried a Kahr P380 and PM9 inside my pocket for a number of years but hated the triggers.

Next for me is an ankle holster as soon as I can find one at a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGun View Post
    I'm a Glock fanboy but I just picked up a P238 Legion and love it. I legitimately forget I'm carrying it in my pocket and having a safety gives me some peace of mind.

I carried a Kahr P380 and PM9 inside my pocket for a number of years but hated the triggers.

Next for me is an ankle holster as soon as I can find one at a decent price.
    How do you like having guns with only the passive glock trigger safety, and then the thumb safety? Do you feel it messes you up at all, screws with your muscle memory.

I have classic sigs DA/SA, and XD's I think the way the 1911, and 1911 style guns shoot, point, I like a nice grippy hogue rubber grip. I just have not made the jump, fearful it will mess me up.

I can say the Browning is more true to the 1911 platform,grip safety,etc than the others. At one time had the Kimber .380. Made a great pocket gun but at the time I also had the Sig 938,which I preferred the cost of 9mm over .380 so I sold off the Kimber. The Kimber was small,compact and easy to front pocket carry and the slide was easier to rack than the 938. I've since sold the 938 and went to a Sig 365 for capacity to size ratio.

I am a Forum User

The 238 is much more popular than the 911. Many new-to-guns people like them until you explain the whole cocked and locked thing to them. Then they move on to a point and shoot gun.

I am a Forum User
    I was pretty excited when I read about Browning bringing a "shrunken" 1911 chambered for .380, on the market.
    Was disappointed to learn it was polymer framed, but thought it was still worth a look.
    Found one @ a LGS, handled it & thought not too bad..then I looked @ the price tag..
    was over $600 (@the time), marked down from a MSRP of almost $700.. Thanks, but no thanks!

CDNN Sports has had them advertised for $399.00 in the not-too-distant past (no rebate needed)
    but I had lost any interest in them.. Already own a few of the best 380's, IMO .. (a Sig 232 & a CZ-83)
    I also wanted to love a 238, but the grip frame is just too short for my hand.

I am a Forum User
    How do you like having guns with only the passive glock trigger safety, and then the thumb safety? Do you feel it messes you up at all, screws with your muscle memory.

I have classic sigs DA/SA, and XD's I think the way the 1911, and 1911 style guns shoot, point, I like a nice grippy hogue rubber grip. I just have not made the jump, fearful it will mess me up.
    When you train to swipe the safety off on a 1911 pattern gun, your Glock doesn't care. It still goes bang either way.

They are about 80% the size of a full size 1911 and quite a bit lighter due to a zinc alloy frame. I would prefer an aluminum frame, but to be honest I doubt it would make a lot of difference in strength.
    They are a nice shooting pistol IMO with a decent single action trigger, and good sight radius compared to the small 380s like Rugers LCP or some of the stubby 38 revolvers. The grip safety puts some off but I like them. my carry gun is a XDs with one and I’m a big fan of 1911s in general so I’m a little biased.
    The slide is a snap to work even for women with smaller hands or weak grip. The mag loads reasonably easy and recoil is very manageable. I would not buy one as a main carry piece but as a fun range gun or one for the wife and kids to learn to shoot with they pretty hard to beat
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast