Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I can't post links yet! Forum User

Where to shoot during COVID-19?

Hey guys. I'm working on an AR build and it'll be ready in a bit. But my local range is closed and I've never shot rifle at outdoor locations in MI before. Where do you guys go these days/where can you go? I can drive for a while if needed but I don't even know where to go. Ideally I'd like at least 100 yds so I can zero the scope.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoda View Post
    Hey guys. I'm working on an AR build and it'll be ready in a bit. But my local range is closed and I've never shot rifle at outdoor locations in MI before. Where do you guys go these days/where can you go? I can drive for a while if needed but I don't even know where to go. Ideally I'd like at least 100 yds so I can zero the scope.
    your best option right now is to find private land to shoot on. I don't know of any ranges that are open.

I am a Forum User
    State land or ask a farmer.

MGO LIFE Member
    Not that it meets your 100yd criteria but Accurate Range, in Clarkston is open by appointment last I saw an email from them. They also restrict rifle calibers to 5.56 or smaller, and I don't think they have anything greater than 25 or 30yds, but it may be useful information for anyone else in the area.

MGO Member
    Check out Tri-County Sportsmens League. Located just south of Saline.
    TCSL.ORG.

BTW, WE’re reopening Sunday 4/26/2020

Talked to the DNR last week. All state ranges or land are closed, via the GOV for now.
    Private land or Shooting & Conservation Clubs are your only bet.
    Gun stores can be open . . . but their indoor ranges are closed . . . per guess who !

Be safe out there

Just to throw another option out there....

It involves added cost, but there are various laser-based shooting simulation systems that you can practice with in your own home. This is particularly helpful while ranges are closed.

There are a couple of ways to do this. You can buy laser cartridges, laser inserts (e.g. SIRT laser bolt for AR), or dedicated laser-based firearm replicas (e.g. SIRT pistol). There are various detection systems. Some use your phone (e.g. LASR-X, iTarget), and some use a standalone unit (e.g. Laserlyte unit).

I hope this helps.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd FocalPlane View Post
    Talked to the DNR last week. All state ranges or land are closed, via the GOV for now.
    Private land or Shooting & Conservation Clubs are your only bet.
    Gun stores can be open . . . but their indoor ranges are closed . . . per guess who !

Be safe out there
    Old post but this is not true. I shot on state land last week and people are hunting on it daily, and yes, I called first. Theres no camping allowed but trails and such remain open.

Peacemakers in Howell has opened their range. 25yd.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast