Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Winchester Model 70 Heavy Varmint 22-250 w/Bausch&Lomb Elite 6-24

Thinking of selling my Winchester Model 70 Heavy Varmint in 22-250. It sports a Bausch & Lomb Elite 4200 in 6-24 power. It also has a muzzle brake and a trigger job both by Magnaport. It was used primarily for ground hogs and has about 500 rounds down the tube. With my handloads it’s shooting 1/2 MOA all day.
    Wondering what would the value of this combo be?

I sold a M70 HV, trigger tuned to about 18oz in 223 with a 6x18 B&L Elite for $600 + I can’t recall the exact figure about a year and a half ago. Mine had pushed a whole lot more down range though and was getting to the point of needing a barrel change.
    It was very accurate in its prime and sub 1/2 inch 5 rd groups were never a surprise although it averaged a bit more with hand loads. It was One of if not the most accurate factory rifle I have owned and I wish I’d have kept it in hindsight.
    Sorry I can’t offer a actual price quote on you rifle past this.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

A quick look on gun broker, the rifle alone is listing for about $650.

Not saying it'll sell for that, but that is where they are listed.

24 hour campfire forum had your scope sell in late 2018 for $300ish.

Being a realist (of the pessimistic variety!), your selling point will probably be somewhere in the $800-$1000 range, if you find a taker.

What year is yours? Wood, laminate, or synthetic stock? What mount & rings for the scope?
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    It’s got an H & S beaver tail stock and all stainless. I believe they only made this combo one year, somewhere around 94’.
    It has Leuopold base and rings. The prices you mentioned were around what I saw, especially for the scope. In certain circles it’s very desirable. I’m the only owner of the gun and I still like it, but it’s become a safe queen. Since I’m getting older it’s not my first pick to carry through the deep snow yote hunting anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by yoteantidote View Post
    <snip> The prices you mentioned were around what I saw, especially for the scope. In certain circles it’s very desirable. <snip>
    I have a B&L Elite 4200. I've had it a lot of years, and hope to never part ways with it.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Well your making me reconsider?