Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

looking for localish ak gunsmith

not sure where else to post this
    i goofed up some dyi gunsmithing and now my barrel is too short for what i wanted to do so i am thinking i will take another route but i dont want to dyi this due to lack of tools and exp

just want to profile down my barrel and install a gas block sight on my vepr 556/223 as well as chop the barrel and re-thread it
    i was going to 13.8 and p/w it but its profiled at a slight angle now and so the muzzle device sits crooked and i dont think there is a way to fix that other than just chopping it further
    going to have to form 4 it as well

not sure what parts i can get /need for this conversion since everything ak looks like its out of stock or who i can have do this work

i have used global gunsmithing in the past but have not been able to contact him in the past month or two

prefer local so i dont have to pay my ffl or wait for shipping. not even looking for someone accredited just someone who can help me do this better than i could myself

I am a Forum User
    Message Swoopster

I am a Forum User
    last activity oct last year for swoopster but i sent him an email

MGO Member
    Ok
    How much did you cut off of the original barrel? How close to the gas port are you? Can you post here a pic of what you have done? What was is it that you were trying to do? If I follow your post correctly, your goal is to build an 556 version of an AK 105 (5.45 ) with a barrel length of 12.4 inches, gas port hole in original barrel location. You would then weld on the necessary standard AK74 muzzle brake to achieve compliance. You could also try replicating a krink and true AK 105 muzzle set up but finding those parts may be tough. Mock it up using that standard 74 muzzle brake and mark it out before making another barrel cut to ensure you are at 16"> when all is welded together. I don't know where you are going to get a combo gas port / front sight. Go to the Marketplace at the AK Files Forum and try . Also look in their gunsmithing section on perhaps making a DIY comb sight. There are some great posts on barrel cutting, rounding out barrel tip end, threading, etc in that forum. Get all your info together as to what you want to do and find a competent fine tool machinist in your area, show him pictures of what you want and discuss it with him. Make sure you are both on the same page.

Hope this helps
    s...

I am a Forum User
    i am not much of an ak guy and dont know anything about them really
    i was just looking to take a stock vepr223 i was given and make it cool
    as for the fsp gasblock i was thinking DAG-13 Front Sight but i have to profile back to the gas port since the vepr is thiccer than normal ak from my understanding
    honestly efile isnt a big deal for me i am more concerned with having it done right at this point so i dont have to replace the barrel
    i dont know any machinists at all i normally do everything myself or i send it to one of a few people for things i cant or things that are too expensive for me to mess up

i emailed you a picture of the gun in question before i threaded it

if ken kubin is not answering emais or calls, I would just wait him out. I get it if you are not patient, but thats the easiest safest thing.

Go mess with your other stuff and kill time for a couple weeks.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    +1 on Ken Kubin...I have a Bulgarian AK74M built by him and he does excellent work.

I am a Forum User
    yeah i like ken which is why i wanted to use his services

I am a Forum User
    i`m here, been having lots of problem`s with spectrum and my emails, not going out or coming in, last year they even changed my phone # after 20 years, got that back after threatening a law suite, you can pm me here

ken

I am a Forum User
    Ken is an outstanding gunsmith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast