Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mitommy View Post
    I think this is going to be the best. Stays where I put it, transfers to mating surface easily and cleans up easily. Now i just have to explain to my wife why I NEED lipstick. ��
    I've always preferred a bright, easy top see front sight on my pistols. Years ago I was walking through Great Lakes Crossing and spotted a bottle of Screaming Yellow Zonkers nail polish. I grabbed it, brought it home. Mrs. RG never even batted an eye. Well, I did get an eye roll when she saw me painting the front sight on my GP100.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Board of Directors

Still would like to know what you are fitting, that could make a world of difference.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Years ago in the Lab we were using a very thin paper from a photo company. It was so sensitive to pressure that just picking it up would leave a faint fingerprint. We would place the paper in between parts, tighten the bolts, then remove them. When we carefully lifted the part, we had a perfect imprint of the mating surfaces.
    It allowed up to fix high & low spots, and we used it to create complex gaskets where we had to be sure we didn't obstruct critical oil passages.

Can't remember the manufacturer, or the name of the paper... but it worked like a charm and wasn't terrible expensive.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Member
    I have some water soluble spotting blue and could give you a little amount I'm also and an old diemaker/engineer. (51 years and still cranking - have small machine shop in garage) I am in Taylor.

I am a Forum User
    Fujifilm is a pressure paper that can purchased at McMaster-Carr.
    Expensive.
    You might try the plastigage used for measuring main bearings
    depending on what your working on.
    I’ve set up some gears on axles using white lithium grease.
    Works but not that great used what I had at the time.
    Try the lipstick. Just don’t use her favorite.
    There is the dollar store or Wally World no questions asked ��

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123