Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Canadian PM Eyes Ban on ‘Assault-Style Weapons’

When there is no answer,"gun control" is always the answer.

Canadian PM Eyes Ban on ‘Assault-Style Weapons’ After Mass Shooting

AP Photo/Charles Krupa

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    21 Apr 2020

Canadian PM Justin Trudeau promised a ban on “assault-style weapons,” following the hours-long shooting spree that lasted Saturday night through Sunday morning and left at least 18 dead in Nova Scotia.

Buzzfeed reported that the attacker, Gabriel Wortman, was allegedly “looking for a former significant other” when the killing spree began. He used “a replica police vehicle and what looked like a Royal Canadian Mounted Police uniform to pull over random drivers and execute them on the spot.”

The Press Democrat reported that authorities have yet to confirm that “assault-style weapons” were used in the attack, but Trudeau indicated he already intended to secure the ban. His efforts to do so had simply been delayed by the coronavirus outbreak.

Trudeau said, “I can say that we were on the verge of introducing legislation to ban assault-style weapons across this country. It was interrupted when the pandemic caused Parliament to be suspended, but we have every intention of moving forward on that measure, and potentially other measures, when Parliament returns.”

On April 20, 2020, Breitbart News reported that University of Sydney’s GunPolicy.org describes Canadian gun control as “restrictive.”

Those controls include in-depth background checks featuring third-party interviews, checks into criminal and mental backgrounds, and spousal interviews. The controls also include licensing requirements for gun owners, with semiautomatic firearms and handguns allowed to be owned under license only. Storage regulations for guns and ammunition are also set forth, among other things. And the right to keep and bear arms “is not guaranteed by law” in Canada.

Canadian authorities have yet to say how Wortman acquired his firearm(s).

MGO Member
    So in the same line of (il)logic. If the gardener burns out your lawn with fertilizer that means you must now ban all fertilizer use? Without even looking into why.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by fatskater View Post
    So in the same line of (il)logic. If the gardener burns out your lawn with fertilizer that means you must now ban all fertilizer use? Without even looking into why.
    No.... The gardener burns out your lawn so you ban GUNS.

Banning guns is the first step to solving any problem.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post

You're right, my bad.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post

Glad to see you're "on top of it",as usual.
    ...Adding much needed clarity with every post!

MGO Member
    And it looks like they got it done today, per CNN.

MGO Member
    yeah - including pistol caliber carbines like the Sig MCX, CZ Scorpion, Beretta Storm, but not the Kriss or Ruger PCC.
    They are a special kind of stupid
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Is this our future?

He did acknowledge that many Canadians hunt, either for sport or for food. But for Trudeau and his elitist friends, that’s not enough reason to own a gun.

https://www.secondamendmentdaily.com...8YQmDqT38yh-2k
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    In 2 years they will all be safe and richer except for the taxes to buy the guns.