Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Springfield M1 carbine

I have a Springfield M1 carbine with an Inland IA marked 15 rd magazine. Don’t know much about it. Inherited from my father and would like some info/value of it. I know he shot it at least few times, but not a ton.

I am a Forum User
    delete
    Last edited by GreaseMonkeySRT; 04-23-2020 at 01:43 AM.

MGO Member
    Here is the info on it, they were not military issued arms, but made for the commercial market.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_springfield.html
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

MGO Member
    Yes, it’s an SC serial number.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Xi1huRL

I am a Forum User
    I bought one a while back and really enjoy shooting it. It is rust free and in great shape. I value it at 900$ but that’s just me.

These were not USGI contracted rifles. You can buy a USGI carbine for $700-$900. To me I would put the value at $450.00

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    These were not USGI contracted rifles. You can buy a USGI carbine for $700-$900. To me I would put the value at $450.00
    But but, they’re Special Carbines and listed at $2900 on Gunbroker.......

That’s sarcasm in case anyone missed it.. I know GunJoker is well, a joke. Sadly enough, there are 3 of them for $2900+ on there though. Which is why I came here for real information and value. Lol.

MGO Member
    Very similar to my commercial, 1st Gen Plainfield Machine carbine, as it used surplus GI parts for everything, except the receiver. You can mod them, without the collectability issue.

Great shooters, lots of fun. I put mine in a Choate pistol grip stock, that I modified to take an UltiMAK forward scope rail. It wears a compact red dot and the kids and I have a lot of fun with it.
    At our last gun show this year, I had it priced at $550 w/it's guitar case. I'm glad it didn't sell.

Well, this one for $1299.00 Did get 1 bid on 4/18/2020. Ya never know with auctions!
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/860199401
    Last edited by john.41; 04-23-2020 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Add info.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.