Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    There are 2 variants of the AUG--some take proprietary mags and the other takes standard NATO (AR) ones.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    There are 2 variants of the AUG--some take proprietary mags and the other takes standard NATO (AR) ones.
    Correct. And for being able to accept AR mags you give up one of the two trigger push bars, and the bolt release. You do get an extra mag release on the side in addition to the standard heel release though.

Personally...I’m entirely ok with making the sacrifice. I have a ton of AR mags and didn’t want to restart a collection of a different pattern of magazine. Doing an HK style reload doesn’t bother me that much. Especially with the position of the Manticore charging handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Correct. And for being able to accept AR mags you give up one of the two trigger push bars, and the bolt release. You do get an extra mag release on the side in addition to the standard heel release though.

Personally...I’m entirely ok with making the sacrifice. I have a ton of AR mags and didn’t want to restart a collection of a different pattern of magazine. Doing an HK style reload doesn’t bother me that much. Especially with the position of the Manticore charging handle.

whats the effect of missing one of two trigger push bars ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    whats the effect of missing one of two trigger push bars ?

Some say it makes the trigger more spongey. I’ve handled both the standard and NATO versions side by side with the same trigger packs and I couldn’t tell a difference. Having the 2020 sear in mine now makes the point moot anyway. The 2020 sear is a good improvement over factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Some say it makes the trigger more spongey. I’ve handled both the standard and NATO versions side by side with the same trigger packs and I couldn’t tell a difference. Having the 2020 sear in mine now makes the point moot anyway. The 2020 sear is a good improvement over factory.

ill look into that. I was always interested in AUG, and lesser extent the tavor. I guess I need to rent em if I can.

tfb counterpoint to why m4 is better

I am a Forum User
    I've wanted an AUG ever since I handled one of the original ones back in the 80s. It fit me perfectly. I couldn't afford one then (IIRC, they were $800 and an AR $550) and I ended up with an HBar. After shooting Highpower Rifle for years, I got used to the AR and a good two-stage trigger so, if I got an AUG it would be as a "just because" because I've always wanted one. It would never be my go-to gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12