Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

*** MGO Adm.. Hacker ALERT***

Wasn't sure where to address this issue,
    so I'm hoping it will be read & addressed by appropriate people on MGO..
    those who know how to deal with the issue that arose this a.m.

I received a message in my email account that is linked to MGO.. saying I had a private message.
    This is the same notification I have always received when I had a PM from the site, addressed to me.

I connected to the link, which lead me to my PM inbox, saying I had a PM from " bigame1457 "
    never heard of this person, but not that unusual for someone I don't know sending me a PM about something I'd posted.

When I clicked on the message, I got an unusual response.. asking me to click on the message as confirmation that I'd found the message.
    Never have seen this before, but clicked on it, w/o giving it a second thought.
    The message opened , & I found a bunch of what looked like computer code..no written message, just a bunch of random letters & symbols.
    I noticed it had an name.. bigame1457..followed by an address that said in part "Vietnam"

I deleted the message from my PM inbox..then started thinking about it.
    Discussed what had happened with my "more computer savvy than me, son, & he suggested changing my MGO password, which I did.

Not sure what, if anything, all this means..but wanted to pass this on to any who may get a similar message from ..bigame1457

I'll check back, after posting this for any further advise as to what I should do /have done.
    Thanks for reading this..

MGO Member
    Just checked - I received mine as a PM from the same user.

MGO Board of Directors

I banned him.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    I banned him.
    Thank you.

I am a Forum User
    .."I banned him..."
    not sure the meaning of this

does that mean he won't be back ?
    have access to the site ? or it's members ?

MGO Member
    I got the same message yesterday. I didn't click on the message confirmation button but I reported it as probable spam.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    .."I banned him..."
    not sure the meaning of this
    If you broke the rules bad enough, I'd ban you. That means you could not sign on again.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    does that mean he won't be back ?
    have access to the site ? or it's members ?
    No, not necessarily. It means that THAT forum screen name will not be back. Nothing stops anyone from joining the forum. As long as you have an email, can create a username and a PW, you're in.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    I had the same thing happen!

I am a Forum User
    Private Message Spammers with "Read Receipt" turned on from the sender. Meaningless in this instance.
    Doesn't matter if you click yes/no on the read receipt. Report the user/post to the admin and they'll swing the ban hammer.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Private Message Spammers with "Read Receipt" turned on from the sender. Meaningless in this instance.
    Doesn't matter if you click yes/no on the read receipt. Report the user/post to the admin and they'll swing the ban hammer.
    Truth! All of it.

Read receipts are an option when you send a PM. They aren't automatic, rather, the recipient must click OK to send the read receipt. No hacking…no password stealing…just a request for a read confirmation.

-Former Admin
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast