Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Athlon scopes?

I am a Forum User

Athlon scopes?

Any one have one? Have been reading a few good things about them and was debating on giving one a try. I found a Argos BTR 6-24x50 on sale for what seems a good price. This would be my first Athlon scope, so just looking for anyone who has one for advice on how they like them!

I am a Forum User
    I am also looking. I am considering the same model in MIL (also comes in MOA) There is an Argos GEN2 out, so that might be driving first generation price down.
    I have never owned a FFP scope or one in this cost range

There are some good articles at BlueLineOptics.com

I am a Forum User
    There are some good articles at BlueLineOptics.com[/QUOTE]

I’ll give this a look, thanks!

I am a Forum User
    I've got the Argos BTR 6-24 on one of my budget build rifles. It works very well. For the money, it beats the Primary Arms 4-14x44 which it's often compared to. Glass is quite clear, features and functionality are very nice.
    I'd say it would be heard to beat for the money. IIRC I paid $275ish for mine. I'd buy again. It doesn't have a hard zero stop, but it's also less than $300 bucks. So a zero stop it does use it adequate and functional.

I also have the Athlon Ares and a Midas scope on other guns They are demonstrably nicer that the Argos but they're also 3 and 4X the price.
    But again, for the money, and not going into higher end Nightforce, Kahles, US Optics, Schmidt & Bender, etc. well over the $2000 price point, I'm exceedingly happy with my Ares which I found on a sale from Midway a while back for 500 or so.
    It's retail price is just under $1000. I have yet to outshout it to 600 yards. You can see where it falls off in optical quality side by side against a $3500 scope at 1000 yards, but it's also a fraction of that price. So I'm happy with the slightly milky view at 1000 yards with the extra stack in my pocket.

I had some questions and such that required support from them, which was spot on. Fast, responsive, etc. No issues there.

I think for the price point, you will be hard pressed to find something that beats it.
    Vortex has a line of products that compete with them very nicely as well, so may also be worth a look there.

Danco411 (MGO member) is an Athlon dealer who can usually beat local / and often online pricing, so if you do go Athlon, give him a ring and see what he may have.

search on here, there is a camera shop in I think new jersey selling athlon stuff hella cheap the last year or so. I cannot remember the name.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    search on here, there is a camera shop in I think new jersey selling athlon stuff hella cheap the last year or so. I cannot remember the name.
    Are you thinking of Camera land in New York?

I am a Forum User
    I see camera land had a sale on them but I found them a little cheaper yet elsewhere, but have not checked daco411, maybe I’ll try to check with him on a price!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    I see camera land had a sale on them but I found them a little cheaper yet elsewhere, but have not checked daco411, maybe I’ll try to check with him on a price!
    Give Cameraland a call & ask for Doug, he is great to work with & will usually match or beat other's prices.

He will usually discount more to " Snipers' Hide" forum members so it doesn't hurt to mention that when you talk to Doug.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot77 View Post
    Give Cameraland a call & ask for Doug, he is great to work with & will usually match or beat other's prices.

He will usually discount more to " Snipers' Hide" forum members so it doesn't hurt to mention that when you talk to Doug.
    Thanks for the heads up!

MGO Member
    I bought an Ares 4.5x27 Mil Last year when they were under $450 because people said the turret clicks wearn't loud enough. It was just too heavy grade of grease fixed in 10 minutes witha Q tip & light grease. I bought 4 more of those & 3 Argos 8x34 for $275 all BTR with the Christmas tree reticle & love them. Best money I've spent on glass. Here's a couple you tubes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC1CPPcGxm4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZgefPuQ6uA
    Last edited by flylo; 05-18-2020 at 08:47 AM.
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast