Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Canada's assault weapon ban

Crazy what the stroke of a pen can do without the 2nd amendment. This is probably a dumb question, but what will happen to these weapons as owners turn them in throughout the next two years? Destroyed? Cached? Sold to US or overseas? Will the owners be compensated for their losses? Is there any way for the owners to sell to international distributers to recover their losses? I'm feeling for the obviously law-abiding Canadians who went through a bunch of gov't hoops to obtain these weapons in the first place and now have to relinquish them to the gov't.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by coope219 View Post
    Crazy what the stroke of a pen can do without the 2nd amendment. This is probably a dumb question, but what will happen to these weapons as owners turn them in throughout the next two years? Destroyed? Cached? Sold to US or overseas? Will the owners be compensated for their losses? Is there any way for the owners to sell to international distributers to recover their losses? I'm feeling for the obviously law-abiding Canadians who went through a bunch of gov't hoops to obtain these weapons in the first place and now have to relinquish them to the gov't.
    Only thing I saw was owners will receive “fair compensation”...whatever that means

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbs126 View Post
    Only thing I saw was owners will receive “fair compensation”...whatever that means
    Gift card at Tim Horton's?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tvhero View Post
    Gift card at Tim Horton's?
    That or stock in Log Cabin syrup

I am a Forum User
    Funny, if you look at places like CA, MD and NY you see what the stroke of a pen can do even WITH the 2nd.

It's going to be reversed as soon as he's out of office. He knows that, which is why he gave people amnesty for TWO YEARS to hand in their rifles. By the time the 2 years are up he'll be out of the office, and the next PM will reverse it.

That's if the lawsuits don't force him to reverse it first, since he bypassed all of parliament for the executive order because he knew there's no way they would have let him do it if he went the normal route he should go. Executive orders are for emergency orders and the safety of Canadians, banning legally owned rifles (which haven't been used in a shooting since 1989) is not a safety thing.

What a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbs126 View Post
    new zealand paid $1800, and got people to turn in 56,000 out of I think three million guns.

It is hard to find info on what they would pay for ... I imagined they paid 1800 for rusty old wwii stuff, and burned up barrels on 10/22, marlin 60s etc.

They will take that 1800, fill up the gas tank, buy new fishing gear, a canoe, and go buy a couple new rifles.

That or they needed the 1800 and it was a rusty sks, that they are not allowed to sell, so it was a no brained to turn it in to pay the mortgage etc.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    new zealand paid $1800, and got people to turn in 56,000 out of I think three million guns.

It is hard to find info on what they would pay for ... I imagined they paid 1800 for rusty old wwii stuff, and burned up barrels on 10/22, marlin 60s etc.

They will take that 1800, fill up the gas tank, buy new fishing gear, a canoe, and go buy a couple new rifles.

That or they needed the 1800 and it was a rusty sks, that they are not allowed to sell, so it was a no brained to turn it in to pay the mortgage etc.
    I’d turn in my AR for $1800, wait until it got reversed and go get a better one haha

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post

Id take $1800 for my Marlin 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    Id take $1800 for my Marlin 60.
    For 1800, I would have two trade in 2 or 3 out of my 4 marlins. I am a bit suspicious and want to make sure I have one, off the books etc. But for 1800 they can have 2-3 of them.

They can get polytech stuff m14, daewoo, vz58 and a couple other cool battle rifles that I would roll the dice that it gets over turned then its christmas in july for me in a few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast