Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Even The Best Can Mess Up

Take a minute and learn from the mistakes of others so you lower the chance of making your own.

I've picked up a 9x19 case, and found the fired bullet 15' down range in the sand, that was fired out of a Glock 22. Good thing the case was retained by the extractor good enough to fire the round, and the bullet fizzled all the way out the barrel!!
    Active airport shooter

I once picked up a .40 S&W case that had obviously been fired out of a .45 ACP chamber. The mouth/body was blown out to the .45 size, and was split about 1/2 the way down.

We put it in a collection of other cases to use as an example when we teach a class. You have to know what the firearm is chambered for, and only use that ammo. It does get a little confusing when trying to explain when other rounds ARE compatible. ie, .38sp in a .357 mag, but not the other way around.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Good post!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DeSchaine again."

I tried
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

This is what happened when a shooter found a 40 cal round rolling in the bottom of his range bag When unloading his new pistol and a few preloaded mags and thought it was a 45acp. He proceeded to top off his mag with it, dropped the slide to fire it and heard a click. He then thought the slide didn’t pick up the 1st rd so he re racked chambering another round, this time a 45 and shot.
    The 45 set off the 40 that was loose in the barrel pushed the case forward to the end of the muzzle Where it finally plugged the bore and expanded bulging the barrel to the point the slide had to be cut off the frame, which IIRC had a small crack, the grip on one side split from top to bottom and the new Ruger was toast.
    The shooter was very experienced, and could not believe this happened to him.

E079721D-3753-4943-B5A2-4D933B7438C3.jpg

E1E2036F-9EAD-4A65-86F6-6B6D93B1F666.jpg
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    This is what happened when a shooter found a 40 cal round rolling in the bottom of his range bag When unloading his new pistol and a few preloaded mags and thought it was a 45acp. He proceeded to top off his mag with it, dropped the slide to fire it and heard a click. He then thought the slide didn’t pick up the 1st rd so he re racked chambering another round, this time a 45 and shot.
    The 45 set off the 40 that was loose in the barrel pushed the case forward to the end of the muzzle Where it finally plugged the bore and expanded bulging the barrel to the point the slide had to be cut off the frame, which IIRC had a small crack, the grip on one side split from top to bottom and the new Ruger was toast.
    The shooter was very experienced, and could not believe this happened to him.

E079721D-3753-4943-B5A2-4D933B7438C3.jpg

E1E2036F-9EAD-4A65-86F6-6B6D93B1F666.jpg
    Glad you're OK Joe!

I am a Forum User
    Another reason to add to the list of not owning any .40 S&W chambered weapons!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Another reason to add to the list of not owning any .40 S&W chambered weapons!
    Don’t take this the wrong way but I’d have to disagree with that!

Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    If they would have left the 10mm alone, none of this would have happened...
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    Too "snappy"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast