Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    Don’t take this the wrong way but I’d have to disagree with that!
    No worries!

With the advent of better 9mm projectiles and other advancements .40 doesn't offer any advantages unless more recoil and less capacity is sought after.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Another reason to add to the list of not owning any .40 S&W chambered weapons!
    I have some .40s but no .45s so I am all set.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    This is what happened when a shooter found a 40 cal round rolling in the bottom of his range bag When unloading his new pistol and a few preloaded mags and thought it was a 45acp. He proceeded to top off his mag with it, dropped the slide to fire it and heard a click. He then thought the slide didn’t pick up the 1st rd so he re racked chambering another round, this time a 45 and shot.
    The 45 set off the 40 that was loose in the barrel pushed the case forward to the end of the muzzle Where it finally plugged the bore and expanded bulging the barrel to the point the slide had to be cut off the frame, which IIRC had a small crack, the grip on one side split from top to bottom and the new Ruger was toast.
    The shooter was very experienced, and could not believe this happened to him.

Attachment 87048

Attachment 87049
    They got lucky.

I was at Target Sports on Woodward when a guy loaded a .40 in his .45. He got hauled off to emergency room with bad neck bleed. His slide grenade'd. I was one line over packing up my stuff to leave.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    No worries!

With the advent of better 9mm projectiles and other advancements .40 doesn't offer any advantages unless more recoil and less capacity is sought after.
    Damn shame that the .40 doesn't enjoy the same advancements.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12