Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Einthewoods View Post
    Not far behind you. Got things drying in the barn hoping for some assembly tomorrow.

Attachment 87489
    Awesome! My final pics will be a little lame because I don’t need the whole internet knowing my full name but I can PM you the unedited pics of my final product

I am a Forum User
    One more internal brace to put in, but I'm calling prototype 1.0 done.

20200517_081322.jpg

20200517_081339.jpg

Cost: 79.50
    + portion of stain/poly/paint I had on hand
    + screws
    - leftover wood
    Last edited by Einthewoods; 05-17-2020 at 07:42 AM.

I am a Forum User
    One more internal brace to put in, but I'm calling prototype 1.0 done.

20200517_081322.jpg

20200517_081339.jpg

Cost: 79.50
    + portion of stain/poly/paint I had on hand
    + screws
    - leftover wood
    That’s awesome dude. I purchased all my stuff new just to see what I could do (aside from foam from work) and I’m in it for about $100. What size dimensions did you do?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbs126 View Post
    That’s awesome dude. I purchased all my stuff new just to see what I could do (aside from foam from work) and I’m in it for about $100. What size dimensions did you do?
    Thanks. Glad this thread came along or I probably wouldn't have thought to look at one of these.

Biggest cost was the plywood I used in the back and front and then the hooks.

Biggest pain was making the stencils and then painting the letterson. It took every bit of patience I had.

I'll add another bracing board inside for wall mounting and it'll let me hang a handgun as well.

Dimensions are 40x14x5 internal.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks. Glad this thread came along or I probably wouldn't have thought to look at one of these.

Biggest cost was the plywood I used in the back and front and then the hooks.

Biggest pain was making the stencils and then painting the letterson. It took every bit of patience I had.

I'll add another bracing board inside for wall mounting and it'll let me hang a handgun as well.

Dimensions are 40x14x5 internal.
    About to run to Home Depot again. My hinge idea didn’t work. They didn’t have the tension to support the open lid. Gonna have to go with something like your style

I am a Forum User
    About to run to Home Depot again. My hinge idea didn’t work. They didn’t have the tension to support the open lid. Gonna have to go with something like your style
    I ended up with piano hinges as I didn't like ho anything inside was going to work.

I am a Forum User
    I ended up with piano hinges as I didn't like ho anything inside was going to work.
    Messed with it some more, got my hinges to work and got a support brace for it as well. Last step is mounting it to the wall and spraying adhesive for the foam. Kids are napping so it’ll be a little later tonight

I am a Forum User
    All done. Got it mounted and the gun inside. You can tell it’s budget, and nothing about it is perfect, but for under $100 I’m totally fine with that. PM for unedited picture, whole thread doesn’t need to know my name hah

I am a Forum User
    All done. Got it mounted and the gun inside. You can tell it’s budget, and nothing about it is perfect, but for under $100 I’m totally fine with that.
    That turned out dang good! I like your front panel with the boards better than the way I did it. I see another getting made and me giving my first one to someone in the family

I am a Forum User
    That turned out dang good! I like your front panel with the boards better than the way I did it. I see another getting made and me giving my first one to someone in the family
    That’s funny, I kinda liked yours haha. If I did it again I would be more precise with my cuts and make sure it’s all perfect. It works out since it’s more “rustic” looking but yeah. Pretty happy with the result

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast