Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

LTP @ Shelby Twp.

This was posted in another thread and no one answered so I thought I'd start a post here.

I found a pistol I want to purchase on Armslist and I always get about a 24 hour delay with NICS checks, can I expect the same with the Shelby Twp Police when applying for a LTP?

Thanks!
    Last edited by pprllc101; 05-04-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Could be 24 hrs, days, weeks, months. Take your pick. With offices closed during the pandemic there's no telling.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pprllc101 View Post
    This was posted in another thread and no one answered so I thought I'd start a post here.

I found a pistol I want to purchase on Armslist and I always get about a 24 hour delay with NICS checks, can I expect the same with the Shelby Twp Police when applying for a LTP?

Thanks!
    I didn't think anyone was processing LTP's right now?

I am a Forum User
    OH CRAP!!! That's right!! I just called there and was not given an option to leave a message and they were not clear if they are processing any LTPs.... Assuming they are processing LTPs and since I always get about a 24 hour delay with NICS checks, can I expect the same with the Shelby Twp Police ???

I am a Forum User
    ... can I expect the same with the Shelby Twp Police ???
    Likely, the only people who can answer your question is ... the Shelby Township PD.

I could be wrong, but it would appear that you've spent more than several days waiting for responses in two different threads. You could have just had an FFL transfer it for you and been done with it by now.

You DO know that you don't need an LTP to purchase a handgun from an FFL, right?

EDIT: Reworded poor word choices above.
    Last edited by Scoop; 05-05-2020 at 09:05 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Can you please rephrase...

"You DO know what, without a CPL, you don't need an LTP to purchase a handgun, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    You DO know what, with a CPL, you don't need an LTP to purchase a handgun, right?
    FIFY
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User

"You DO know what, without a CPL, you don't need an LTP to purchase a handgun, right?"
    I was referring to having an FFL transfer it for you. Let me clarify what I tried to write:

You could have just had an FFL transfer it for you and been done with it by now. You DO know that ... you don't need an LTP to purchase a handgun from an FFL, right?

And, for CPL holders, it doesn't matter anymore post-3/3/2020, as the CPL is no longer a Brady exemption: If an FFL transfers the firearm, you don't need a CPL or an LTP. LTP will avoid the NICS check from an FFL, though. For private party, CPL or LTP works, of course.

Sorry for any confusion.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    FIFY
    Sorry, I was referring to FFL purchase. And a CPL doesn't get you past a NICS check for an FFL purchase. LTP does, but isn't required.

You DO know what, without a CPL, you don't need an LTP to purchase a handgun from an FFL, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    You DO know what, with a CPL, you don't need an LTP to purchase a handgun from an FFL, right?
    FIFY
    Sorry guys, Snoop is correct on this one. But don't spread it aroud too much, it will go straight to his head.

When you make a handgun purchase from or through an FFL, you don't need to have anything in advance. The FFL will run the NICS and issue the RI-060.

As of right now, the CPL or an RI-010 (LTP) is only used in a private transaction.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast