Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Pics of old surplus catalogs

Hi all,
    I remember in the late 90's when I went to a soccer tournament while my buddies went to a gun show, and when I came back they had shiny SKS's and pallets of ammo - all for $79. I wish I had the bug back then. I did get a Dunham's 91/30 for $79 and have a few milsurp handguns. Anyways, what I'm wondering is this - does anyone have any old surplus catalogs lying around? I'd love to see the old prices from SOG, J&G Sales, etc. More for nostalgia than any practical reason. You can Google and find Mosins for $9.95 and 1903A3 for $24.95, but there's not a lot out there. Thanks!

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    I've got some Shotgun News from the early 90s, and two years worth of American Rifleman from the mid/late 60s. I'll try and take some pics, but you'll have to be patient with me as I have alot on my plate. Will try and get them up by the weekend. Thanks to my dad, I saw the writing on the wall back before Clinton imposed the ban on all the goodies from China and stocked up on 2 SKS and 2 AKs, plus a few cases of steel core 7.62x39 on strippers. SKS were 90$, AKs were 250$ and the ammo was 99$ per 1100 rounds. The good old days indeed.

MGO Member
    Name:  GUNS Magazine January 1967 - pdf.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  20.2 KB

I went to a estate sale, a couple of years back, got there late, and all that was left, were some Handloader Magazines, and some 60's paper Gun Magazines, bought all the Handloader's and they gave me some of the old magazines... I wish I was younger, and could have bought some, back then...of course, a dollar was a real dollar back then!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by coope219 View Post
    Hi all,
    I remember in the late 90's when I went to a soccer tournament while my buddies went to a gun show, and when I came back they had shiny SKS's and pallets of ammo - all for $79. I wish I had the bug back then. I did get a Dunham's 91/30 for $79 and have a few milsurp handguns. Anyways, what I'm wondering is this - does anyone have any old surplus catalogs lying around? I'd love to see the old prices from SOG, J&G Sales, etc. More for nostalgia than any practical reason. You can Google and find Mosins for $9.95 and 1903A3 for $24.95, but there's not a lot out there. Thanks!
    I got a Romanian M1969 .22 training rifle from Dunham's for $18 dollars back in the day. It had a broken firing pin. Got a replacement pin and a spare for $6. My cheapest Dunham's Mosin was a $39 M91/30 that was minty.