Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Primary Arms RDS Mount Too Large

The cross pin or whatever it's called is too wide to fit in the slots on the gun I wanted to put it on. The cheap Chineseum RDS I bought as soon as I got my Saiga fits on it, as does my SIG Romeo5. But of course the Chineseum one is... Well it cost $40 and comes loose as you shoot. The SIG was a gift and I already have it zeroed for my Saiga. Has anyone else ever encountered a similar thing? The Primary Arms website says it fits Weaver rails too, so it should fit but it doesn't. Could anyone otherwise suggest a good mount that has a better chance of fitting? I was thinking of going to Top Gun and hoping they'd let me check if a mount fits before I buy it, though that seems like it might be a bit awkward.

Not sure what PA dot you bought, but the Micro I clicked on says picatinny rail mount, and you might have a weaver rail on your rifle.
    Active airport shooter

This link explains the difference between the two rails

https://www.snipercountry.com/weaver-vs-picatinny/
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"The Primary Arms Low 30mm Tactical Ring places the center of your 30mm tube scope 0.84 inches above your 1913 Picatinny rail or Weaver rail platform. One ring is included, held together by six Torx head screws. Constructed of high quality aluminum with a matte black anodized finish, these rings feature a 1 year warranty. To purchase a pair of these rings, see product code PATR30LP. "

Taken right from their website

If you bought it from Primary Arms directly, give them a phone call. Their customer service is great.

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    "The Primary Arms Low 30mm Tactical Ring places the center of your 30mm tube scope 0.84 inches above your 1913 Picatinny rail or Weaver rail platform. One ring is included, held together by six Torx head screws. Constructed of high quality aluminum with a matte black anodized finish, these rings feature a 1 year warranty. To purchase a pair of these rings, see product code PATR30LP. "

Taken right from their website
    Info helps! RDS was kinda vague Must be out of spec then.

Read first review, your not the first to have an issue!
    https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...-pair-patr30lp
    Last edited by JDG; 05-08-2020 at 05:57 AM.
    Active airport shooter

I got a reply from them:

Van replied

May 8, 2:18pm
    Good Afternoon,

"Thank you for contacting Primary Arms. The Rossi Circuit Judge comes with a Weaver style optic mounting system. Our PA mounts and rings are primarily designed for Picatinny/M1913 rail systems. They may work on some Weaver rails but not all due to dimensional differences. You may run into fitment issues between the two rail systems and mounts. We'd be happy to get you a replacement if you wish using the link below but would not be able to guarantee if it would solver your problem."

They advertise it as fitting Weaver mounts, as stated in my quote a couple posts up, but now they are walking it back to some Weaver mounts. I guess the best I can hope for is to get them cover the return shipping since they don't think their mounts will fit.

Any recommendations on a good single 30mm Weaver optics mount?

Warne steel rings work great! Says Weaver too...
    Active airport shooter