Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Colt M16A1 Hydra-Matic Div (last one produced)

Out of sheer curiousity, I'm wondering if anybody would care to provide a ballpark figure on this:

Name:  IMG_20200507_051740.jpg
Views: 3155
Size:  94.2 KB

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Yours?
    Lol no. I doubt it's even on paper. Agency owned.

Then its worth about $1000 in parts depending on condition and if the parts are all original and have original finish.
    The lower is worthless. Might be worth something to a museum....

I take in agency trades all the. time. They trade some wild stuff in sometimes.
    Last edited by Coctailer; 05-07-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Cool to see that.

Lower is worth about 25 years in jail.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

That is pretty awesome. Love the giggle switch.

Dice

MGO Member
    Yeah it is a display piece. From the googling I've done, apparently it was the "last" rifle to come off the assembly line at the Hyrda-Matic plant in Ypsilanti. GM had fulfilled the contract of 240,000 rifles, but apparently were later awarded another contract a couple years later for a bunch more. The 240,000th was ceremoniously presented to the US Army Weapons Command by the general manager at the Hydra-Matic plant. I thought I remember reading somewhere that it was later re-gifted back to him or somebody else at GM. How we got it, I have no idea. Maybe it was turned in or forfeited, but for all I know, maybe it is on paper and just being loaned to us for display.

I'm curious though if it were transferable, what the value to a collector might be considering the history.

MGO Member
    There is only one way to determine the true value. That would be selling it, in a well advertised, no reserve auction.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Would be interesting to see how much it would fetch on Gunbroker

*answered*

I’d be willing to bet the Yankee Air Force museum would love this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast