Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swampfox optics

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    one of their main guys used to work for primary arms. swamp fox offered him a spot with a lot more control over design and able to adapt to customer requests. So he's not rebranding so much as diverging by making changes.
    He's active in the community trying to get the customers what they want.
    but yeah, it's chinese optics - he's been working on getting upgraded quality while keeping the price low
    Isn't that essentially a carbon copy of what Marsh did with the PA line of products?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Electraclyde View Post
    Low power variable optic.

The scope that I am interested in is a 1-8x24
    Thank You!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansky2 View Post
    I looked at both their LPVO lines and if it is the tomahawk I would not get it. Big deal breaker is the exposed turrets. Vortex and primary arms did it right with capped turrets.

The arrow head looks like it is an upgrade to the tomahawk but there is not too much info out on it.

I would follow psa and keep a lookout for the gen 2 strike eagle. I want to say they had 1-8x for $300 a week ago that included the mount. The gen 2 comes with a better reticle and integrated throw lever.
    That was the 1-6x for $300, the 1-8x was $400

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    They usually have a 25% off code for people who listen to the WE LIKE SHOOTING podcast. Could save a pretty penny by getting distributor pricing direct to the customers.
    If When I buy a prism, it will probably be theirs
    The reticle was designed for "bullet rise" instead of "bullet drop". Most optics will have you sight in at 100 and then you may get hash marks that tell you bullet drop at different distances.
    Their reticle has marks that were designed with their height over bore for an AR in mind, which gives you marks at 5, 10, 15, and 50/200 yards. Seems like a great idea for sport shooters who may do cqb shooting and then need to reach out to 200, or plinkers who want to use the same rifle as a home defense rig too.
    What yardage is the center?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    What yardage is the center?
    looks to be 50/200. good spot for ARs.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    That was the 1-6x for $300, the 1-8x was $400
    That is the regular price. I was referring to a recent sale they had

I am a Forum User
    I guess I didn't get a deal then

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I realize this is an old thread, but in the event my experience can help someone else, I have an Arrowhead 1-10X w/ Green illumination. Very impressed. Very clear glass for the money, and serves a Recce-type carbine very well. You just can’t beat the versatility of going from 1x to 10x with the twist of a ring. To put in contact, I runs Vortex Razor G2 and have been spoiled by that glass. Is the arrowhead in that same league? Of course not. And not intended to. But features and value for money is very solid.

For the naysayers who aren’t willing to try something new because it’s “already covered elsewhere”, I understand the hesitation for an unproven brand. However, Mike has earned my trust via his involvement, and transparency on public forums. He will flat out tell you where his products fall short compared to a model from a competitor. And the customer service is outstanding.

One of my friends beats the crap out of guns.
    He really likes Swampfox optics.
    He brought a Krink over to the shop yesterday that looked like it went through the Iraq war, and the optic was beat to hell, but works perfectly.
    It was a LPVO maybe a 1x6? The only issue he had was his throw lever for the zoom snapped off when it took a huge tumble. He got a new throw lever and put it on.

I would buy one based on it surviving his skunkworks.

I am a Forum User
    I have a Kingslayer for sale on here. Great red dot. Rmr Footprint

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast