Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swampfox optics

I am a Forum User

Swampfox optics

Anyone ever heard of or used these?
    swampfoxoptics.com

I am a Forum User
    There is a huge thread on AR-15.com where one of the major marketing guys answers a lot of question and talks about the different optics. I have no hands on experience but based on lots of reading some of their products look good while other are beat by similar optics from other companies.

still kinda new, sorta unproven if they will hold up or stay around. I thought they mostly re-branded random chinese stuff. It was unclear to me what they offered that holosun, vortex, primary arms did not already do.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    still kinda new, sorta unproven if they will hold up or stay around. I thought they mostly re-branded random chinese stuff. It was unclear to me what they offered that holosun, vortex, primary arms did not already do.
    People say their small red dot is nice to use as an offset dot and their scopes with more magnification are suppose to perform well compared to similar priced scopes.

I would stay away from their LPVOs because like you said vortex and primary arms already do it and they do it better

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

one of their main guys used to work for primary arms. swamp fox offered him a spot with a lot more control over design and able to adapt to customer requests. So he's not rebranding so much as diverging by making changes.
    He's active in the community trying to get the customers what they want.
    but yeah, it's chinese optics - he's been working on getting upgraded quality while keeping the price low.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansky2 View Post
    People say their small red dot is nice to use as an offset dot and their scopes with more magnification are suppose to perform well compared to similar priced scopes.

I would stay away from their LPVOs because like you said vortex and primary arms already do it and they do it better
    LPVO? Please educate, thanks.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    LPVO? Please educate, thanks.

Low power variable optic.

The scope that I am interested in is a 1-8x24

MGO Member
    From their evolution of products and design, they seem to be taking input from users and dealers to make improvements to their line.

I have their new Blade Prism 1X optic - I've only had the chance to shoot with it once, but I really like it. It is very clear, good field of vision, with the features a lot of people are asking for.

I'm going to try one of their LPVO's just because with some discount codes - it's a fantastic price.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Electraclyde View Post
    Low power variable optic.

The scope that I am interested in is a 1-8x24
    I looked at both their LPVO lines and if it is the tomahawk I would not get it. Big deal breaker is the exposed turrets. Vortex and primary arms did it right with capped turrets.

The arrow head looks like it is an upgrade to the tomahawk but there is not too much info out on it.

I would follow psa and keep a lookout for the gen 2 strike eagle. I want to say they had 1-8x for $300 a week ago that included the mount. The gen 2 comes with a better reticle and integrated throw lever.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

They usually have a 25% off code for people who listen to the WE LIKE SHOOTING podcast. Could save a pretty penny by getting distributor pricing direct to the customers.
    If When I buy a prism, it will probably be theirs
    The reticle was designed for "bullet rise" instead of "bullet drop". Most optics will have you sight in at 100 and then you may get hash marks that tell you bullet drop at different distances.
    Their reticle has marks that were designed with their height over bore for an AR in mind, which gives you marks at 5, 10, 15, and 50/200 yards. Seems like a great idea for sport shooters who may do cqb shooting and then need to reach out to 200, or plinkers who want to use the same rifle as a home defense rig too.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast