Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Ruger 3 screw

I am a Forum User

Ruger 3 screw

[I] need help. I have an opportunity to buy a Ruger 3 screw single six. 9.8/10 6.5 inch barrel and PRE transfer bar. What would all you experts value this pistol at? No box, no mag. cyl.
    Last edited by SPREADEAGLE; 05-15-2020 at 09:23 PM. Reason: delete

MGO Member
    We need help to help you. A serial # and pics would really help with these value posts.
    What is the serial number? Less than 150,000 were LR only, and have no Mag cylinder. Is the loading gate flat or rounded, like modern ones?
    Age, condition, accessories and with Old Model 3 screws, whether they have been converted, set the value.
    Adjustable rear sight started in 1964 and Mag cylinder started in 1962, along with the .224 bore.

I recently bought a 1954 model flat gate, 5.5" in 90%+ condition, with the box and no papers for $700 +transfer.
    And I'm happy with that. Have been looking for a nice "birth year" unconverted FG for quite a while.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Hi, the single six has a round loading gate, serial # 512287. It does have adj. rear sight, and has not been converted to transfer bar. condition is 9.8 out of 10

MGO Member
    I'm guessing it is a blued model. Made mid to late 1965, originally came with both cylinders. Usually sell between $300 and $400 with both cylinders.
    Mint NIB condition with a nice box and paperwork, extra cylinder in red velour bag, $450 to $500 maybe.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    thank you, you are right on the money!