Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is the slide 4140 or is it SS?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    Is the slide 4140 or is it SS?
    SS

My VP9 slid down the highway for a bit. I replaced a couple of road rashed grip panels and sanded a little bit. Slide could probably be refinished, but 2 years later I haven't gotten around to it. Still runs like a top, carry it every day. A gun with a good story is always better.

Dice

The finish on my MK9 is similar to glass bead, might be easier to sand down the damage and just bead blast it.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    The finish on my MK9 is similar to glass bead, might be easier to sand down the damage and just bead blast it.
    Know anyone that bead blasts?

I would fluff and buff, and keep as is for the story. Its like an old boat part, wagon, car part conversation piece, you keep it original. Do not try to hide what happened, keep it as is, maybe put on new sights, lube, polish rails, feed ramp springs, but keep the dents and scratch's, dings etc.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I would fluff and buff, and keep as is for the story. Its like an old boat part, wagon, car part conversation piece, you keep it original. Do not try to hide what happened, keep it as is, maybe put on new sights, lube, polish rails, feed ramp springs, but keep the dents and scratch's, dings etc.
    This is what I’m more than likely going to do. Swap sights and a little light buff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12