Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

9mm PCC for around $500-$600?

Is the base model Ruger PCC about the best deal going for solid PCC?

Looking to get one in 9mm and then upgrade to the Magpul Backpacker stock when they are released later this year.

Seems like a lightweight, versatile, basic 9mm PCC setup.

What else should I investigate before pulling the trigger?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DTrain View Post

Looking to get one in 9mm and then upgrade to the Magpul Backpacker stock when they are released later this year.

I've probably sold more Ruger 19100's than any other single SKU of rifle (not including AR stuff).

I am a Forum User
    Did you definitely rule out a Sub2k? I don’t know if it qualifies as your definition of “solid” I’m seeing ‘em for 400 now in Glock mag configs. I like mine but would rule it out if you want to run an optic. Mine doesn’t have a huge round count and well, it’s KT which is good innovation varying execution.

I’m also a fan of ar9s for parts sharing and upgrades

Good times for PCC options for sure.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gidaeon View Post
    Did you definitely rule out a Sub2k?
    I sold one of those a few months back. No offense, but that thing looked like it was manufactured by a half-blind six year old.

Check out the FX-9 from Freedom Ordnance. I've had mine about a year. Put a Vortex red dot and light on it.

Lots of fun, very reliable, uses Glock mags (Up to 31-33 rounders), and AR parts. It's a little more money but I shot the Ruger and this is a far better gun IMO.

It's more than adequate as a PCC competition gun and doubles as a great home defense gun.

Mark
    Last edited by MichiganShootist; 05-12-2020 at 03:34 PM.

MGO Member
    I don't think I would call the Ruger PCC "Lightweight" - I mean it's not heavy but you can get lighter or the same weight AR15 carbines. Though I do think aftermarket support for the rifle will be best of most all 9mm carbines out there, except the AR9's.
    The Sub2000, while funky looking, is a fair amount lighter, and folds easily for compactness/backpacking, and has a good price.

I have an older Marlin Model 9, which is similar in size, weight, and features to the Ruger PCC. I built an AR9 and prefer it immensely to the Model 9. I think Beretta still makes the Storm 9mm carbine if that is of interest.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Member
    The PC9 is solid and takes glock mags. I'd recommend one.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User

What is is it intended for?

Competition in 3 guns or PCC, or for backpacking /or for general plinking with a 9mm cheaper round in a rifle format..

Do you care about the cool looks and functionality or just functionality.

Do you care about Bolt open and locked after last round or not..

Do you mind if it came in a pistol format with a brace or it has to be a rifle..

I think if you navigate through this chart you will know whether you want an AR9 or a Ruger in either a pistola format or a rifle format.. I have friends who owns and shoot the Ruger PC9 and it is reliable as a glock. I have also seen AR and AR look alikes that are reliable as well just make sure the barrel is ramped for feeding reliability and not a straight up loading breach. As for the looks you have to decide which one is OK.

I am a Forum User

Gotta check out the Extar EP9. $440 shipped. About 4lb with the brace, known to be reliable, accepts Glock mags and you can drop in any AR trigger group you want (replace the safety at the same time or you could have issues)...picked mine up yesterday and am very impressed so far for the price.

MGO Member
    I also purchased ( from Classic ) the FX-9 from Freedom Ordnance 1 1/2 years ago. ONLY one malfunction was FTE on second round fired. Every 9mm cartridge and Glock style mag worked with no problems. AR pattern rifle , therefore many accessories available. Easy cleaning and seperate upper from lower if you need to back pack. Stay safe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast