Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DTrain View Post
    Is the base model Ruger PCC about the best deal going for solid PCC?

Looking to get one in 9mm and then upgrade to the Magpul Backpacker stock when they are released later this year.

Seems like a lightweight, versatile, basic 9mm PCC setup.

What else should I investigate before pulling the trigger?
    I would definitely look hard at the ruger but maybe get this

https://gun.deals/product/ruger-pc-c...Oe7osXZP68aGF4

Banned
    If no one has mentioned it foxtrot mike has some great products with lrbho.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I would definitely look hard at the ruger but maybe get this

https://gun.deals/product/ruger-pc-c...Oe7osXZP68aGF4
    When Ruger first introduced this PC Charger I was pretty excited, and thought I'd get one. However my excitement has dwindled a little since. I may still get it, but I may do something else too.
    It's 5.2 pounds without the brace and optic. To compare, I have a fairly lightweight 16" 5.56 AR-15 that is just a hair under 6 pounds with the red dot.
    You don't get much of the ballistic advantages of a traditional carbine because of the relatively short barrel.

This is where I started comparing things internally to myself: The Sub2000 is almost a pound lighter, enjoys some ballistic advantage of a longer barrel, if you shoulder the PC Charger it won't be much more comfortable than the Sub2000 if any, and when folded they fit in pretty much the same size bag. I don't know, I may still get a PC Charger, but it's not as cool to me as it was at first. I think at Shot they showed a Sub2000 that was internally suppressed, that may be something I'd wait for.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Member
    I would get he Ruger PC Charger over the PC Carbine, it's lighter, more compact an can carry it loaded in the car with a CPL. I would however choose the Extar EP9 over the Charger. It's a lot lighter and cheaper and as reliable.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123