Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Combat Armory AR-15 5.56mm 16" LENGTH 1:7 TWIST W/ 15" SUPER SLIM M-LOK HAND-GUARD

I was fortunate to notice the posting that oldmann 1967 made, in the "found a deal ' forum, back in Jan. of this year,
    The posting was for a sale on Combat Armory's 16" AR-15upper..that included a BCG & Charging handle.
    Nice too to learn that CA is a local company, in Commerce, Mi.
    It was only $179.00 with their online coupon...a great price..but of what quality ?
    Placed my order & waited..for what has to be the fastest order processing I've ever experienced.
    here's my post I made after getting my order..

I was amazed @ the speed & processing of this order :
    1) I ordered the item Fri. @ 9:22 am, got a "transaction receipt" email from Combat Armory.
    2) Received a "order update" email from them @ 10:03am , saying the order status had been changed to "shipped"
    Really ?, only 41 minutes elapsed, between when the order was placed, until it was shipped ? ..
    Then, I get another email ,this time it's from UPS..
    3) UPS sent a message Fri. @ 10:17 am ( 14 min. after being notified pkg. had been shipped), saying my order will arrive tomorrow.
    4) Package was delivered to my door just before noon, today, ( on Sat., as promised)

How many places process & ship orders that fast ? None I've ever ordered from.
    Have to wait 'till it warms up to see how this upper shoots... too cold for me, now.

So, it has warmed up, I took one of my lowers from an AR-15 that had a fairly decent trigger & attached it to my new upper, headed to the range.
    (this was after obtaining an inexpensive 1 piece scope mount, & a brass catcher mount, & a Redfield scope I had sitting around a box , was installed)

Sighted in @ 25 yds..in just a few shots & moved out to 50 yds.. shot a few rds & was impressed, they grouped nice & tight, with my hand loads.
    Have put about 300 rds. thru this upper & it has had NO FTF,or FTE incidents.. & has fired every time the trigger is pulled on a chambered round.
    Accuracy , I would describe as (at least as good as) my PSA, Bushmaster, or Adams Arms Ar's has been.
    Pretty impressive, IMO, for a bargain upper.

Decided this upper would be used to experiment with using inexpensive, steel cased ammo..something I've avoided using for many years.
    Using a mix of Factory(Frontier ) brass cased ammo, & my hand loads for about the first 500 rds..then I'll start shooting the cheap steel cased ammo
    I bought back when it was inexpensive & plentiful. some good timing on that purchase.

I'll add that I never bothered to check if my gas block was straight or canted.. read about it in the earlier thread,
    but decided my upper has functioned perfectly, so why bother ?

My conclusion on this CA upper is that is was well worth the price, actually a real bargain, IMO.
    Look forward to trying to wear it out..
    Last edited by joepistol; 05-16-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    I was fortunate to notice the posting that oldmann 1967 made, in the "found a deal ' forum, back in Jan. of this year,
    The posting was for a sale on Combat Armory's 16" AR-15upper..that included a BCG & Charging handle.
    Nice too to learn that CA is a local company, in Commerce, Mi.
    It was only $179.00 with their online coupon...a great price..but of what quality ?
    Placed my order & waited..for what has to be the fastest order processing I've ever experienced.
    here's my post I made after getting my order..

I was amazed @ the speed & processing of this order :
    1) I ordered the item Fri. @ 9:22 am, got a "transaction receipt" email from Combat Armory.
    2) Received a "order update" email from them @ 10:03am , saying the order status had been changed to "shipped"
    Really ?, only 41 minutes elapsed, between when the order was placed, until it was shipped ? ..
    Then, I get another email ,this time it's from UPS..
    3) UPS sent a message Fri. @ 10:17 am ( 14 min. after being notified pkg. had been shipped), saying my order will arrive tomorrow.
    4) Package was delivered to my door just before noon, today, ( on Sat., as promised)

How many places process & ship orders that fast ? None I've ever ordered from.
    Have to wait 'till it warms up to see how this upper shoots... too cold for me, now.

So, it has warmed up, I took one of my lowers from an AR-15 that had a fairly decent trigger & attached it to my new upper, headed to the range.
    (this was after obtaining an inexpensive 1 piece scope mount, & a brass catcher mount, & a Redfield scope I had sitting around a box , was installed)

Sighted in @ 25 yds..in just a few shots & moved out to 50 yds.. shot a few rds & was impressed, they grouped nice & tight, with my hand loads.
    Have put about 300 rds. thru this upper & it has had NO FTF,or FTE incidents.. & has fired every time the trigger is pulled on a chambered round.
    Accuracy , I would describe as (at least as good as) my PSA, Bushmaster, or Adams Arms Ar's has been.
    Pretty impressive, IMO, for a bargain upper.

Decided this upper would be used to experiment with using inexpensive, steel cased ammo..something I've avoided using for many years.
    Using a mix of Factory(Frontier ) brass cased ammo, & my hand loads for about the first 500 rds..then I'll start shooting the cheap steel cased ammo
    I bought back when it was inexpensive & plentiful. some good timing on that purchase.

I'll add that I never bothered to check if my gas block was straight or canted.. read about it in the earlier thread,
    but decided my upper has functioned perfectly, so why bother ?

My conclusion on this CA upper is that is was well worth the price, actually a real bargain, IMO.
    Look forward to trying to wear it out..
    I bought the upper and lower back then when they gave everyone the military discount. I put it all on a PSA lower and too it to IFA tactical in St hgts as the flash hider threads were slightly 'bumped' when the barrel arrived and I didn't have a chaser.

He took the assembly, chased the threads put it together, headspaced and fired it and checked somethign re: th the gas port which he said was often a problem with Bear Creek barrels that 'wouldn't shoot.'

The upper and lower fit w/o play whatsoever. I put a 1.75 X 5. scope on it, sighted it in @ 25 yds with PMC Xtac, then shot 2 50 yd groups that measured well under and inch. all bullet holes toucing and the group nearly level / horizontal which to me was b/c the sand bags were too hard and therifle's fore stock too narrow to maintain a steady hold.

I originally bought the parts to learn AR assembly, thinking i could sell it for what I had in it since I already had a Windham AR. Now I have no choice but to keep it and see if it holds what I was shocked to see the first time I shot it !!

One of the rare times i actually got more than I bargained for

I’ve had good luck with my 7.5in CA upper. Seems to work just fine.