Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Proposed Changes for 2020 Deer Regulations

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/d...ce=govdelivery

No relief from the bait ban and they want orange on our blinds. If you don't like it, too bad. We made the NRC too powerful.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Orange on GROUND BLINDS, not just blinds.... but yeah-a bunch of nonsensical changes that amount to mostly nothing and no change to bating...
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Orange on GROUND BLINDS, not just blinds.... but yeah-a bunch of nonsensical changes that amount to mostly nothing and no change to bating...
    So... I won't need orange on my treestand?
    What if I get shot out of my tree because some deer hunter can't see me???????

I NEED PROTECTION!!!!

The STATE MUST protect me.

Call Gov. Whitmer, she'll issue an EO.

BTW.... How many deer hunters were killed last year while sitting in their blinds?

MGO Board of Directors

I read the list of possible changes the other day and was going to post it. An hour later I read it again - was just as disappointed.

I never understood the requirement to wear orange in a hunting shack. I'm not sure that I see the value of putting orange on the outsode of a small building either. A pop up blind that blends in well - ok, maybe.

If baiting is not a harm during the special hunts, then baiting is not a harm during regular season.

How about the free-for-all that the DNR wants - no doe permit needed if you have a valid tag? If you have a valid combo tag and want to shoot a doe, go ahead. I see this as an attempt to get hunters into the woods because they know their chances of sitting on a stump and shooting a deer just increased greatly. I think the bucks of Michigan proposed this change!

Also, when I climb into a hunting shack, the shack removes 90 percent of the sounds from outside. I am not at a disadvantage. Expanding a special hunt to the deaf is wrong. It's "feel good," but it's wrong.

I remember fighting hard for a special season for traditional black powder hunters. That has been so watered down now with the advent of modern "muzzle- loaders." But wait, let's water it down even more and allow ANY rifle that you can use during firearm season to be used. That ol' 30-06 shouldn't be put away just yet! Sheese!

What else do I remember..... Oh! Wasn't there something about eliminating ALL antler point restrictions statewide for new hunters and anyone under 16? The youth hunt already gets a huge advantage over average sportsmen and women, and allowing even further rule relaxations would water down the importance of following the rules for everyone else. It's the "special class" syndrome all over again.

Upping the Doe permit level to ten for private land hunts. I'm not a fan. If you own land and five deer is not enough for you, you have too many freezers.
    Farmers with crop damage? There must be a population problem that the DNR could address.

I am naturally resistant to change, but these ideas are DOOZIES.

I hope they get shot down.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    1. Charge those that shoot someone thinking they are a deer

or
    2. potentially criminalize and collect revenue with a new law.

Let's go with option #2 to continue the 'every single life matters' be safe, nanny state nonsense.

I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    Ohio hate Michigan state! This place is going to hell in a handbasket!

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    So... I won't need orange on my treestand?
    What if I get shot out of my tree because some deer hunter can't see me???????

I NEED PROTECTION!!!!

The STATE MUST protect me.

Call Gov. Whitmer, she'll issue an EO.

BTW.... How many deer hunters were killed last year while sitting in their blinds?
    The proposed changes only address adding orange to ground blinds-the post is about the proposed changes.

Whatever other rules were already previously in place aren’t at issue and aren’t changing.

But yes, the nanny state is in full effect here-next it’ll be orange on elevated blinds

I am a Forum User
    The proposed changes only address adding orange to ground blinds-the post is about the proposed changes.

Whatever other rules were already previously in place aren’t at issue and aren’t changing.

But yes, the nanny state is in full effect here-next it’ll be orange on elevated blinds
    Maybe a law saying you can't load your weapon until you verify your target & whats beyond.
    You must have a picture before you shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Maybe a law saying you can't load your weapon until you verify your target & whats beyond.
    You must have a picture before you shoot.
    That should be a given and common sense.... but we all know those things are either in such short supply as to be nonexistent or not being used as they should.

I am a Forum User
    That should be a given and common sense.... but we all know those things are either in such short supply as to be nonexistent or not being used as they should.
    So.... you already hunt with an empty gun?

And take a picture of your target before you load?
    Last edited by Leader; 05-17-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast