Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scope advice

I am a Forum User
    Just got this email from Atholon. May be worth a look Joe-
    $150 off and a free sunshade (30ish bucks)
    6-24 x50 Midas for $420 bucks. IIRC, Midas is one step down from the Ares line.

https://athlonoptics.com/memorial-da...Memorial%20Day

I made up my mind this afternoon and went with a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5x25x50. It is a step above the scope I was looking at however, but not a lot more in price in the end.

Quads you made a good faith offer I would still like to take you up on. I am curious about the Athlon line in the higher power scopes still. No one I have been around seems to have any experience with them and the few I have seen at the range were all lower magnification like the 4x14 as example
    That Athlon is a sweet deal though and was very tempting. I did get a very good deal on this Vortex though and the fact I have had much more experience with the Vortex line of optics then the Athlon sealed it.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    The Vortex you chose is an excellent scope and for good reason.
    Anyone I've ever some across with them always raves about them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12