Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MGO Member
    I have an LCP, my wife hates to shoot it because it's so small and the recoil is intense. Traded a S&W 9mm Shield for a S&W EZ380. It is the only centerfire pistol she likes to shoot. Easy to load, easy to rack, recoil is very mild. Has a grip safety and a thumb safety. Just the right size, easy to hang onto. Came as a package, with muffs, eye protection and range bag. She's taken ownership of it.

And the OP may want to look at the want ads here on the forum to find a gun.
    Last edited by Garymac; 05-18-2020 at 12:59 PM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Try the already mentioned S&W EZ.
    The problem with the the LCP and similar guns isn’t so much the grip although it doesn’t help, but the light weight making it a out of proportion kicker along with the stiff recoil spring needed in the short stroke pistols causing problems for weak handed people and some smaller built women.
    The LCP is a great bug or Even main carry gun with the understanding it is not going to be a good range gun for most shooters.
    If I was looking for strictly a range toy for her with home defense a secondary consideration the little Browning 1911 380 is hard to beat and depending on the person could be a decent carry gun.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by js9lives View Post
    Take a look at an M&P .380EZ, reduced slide racking effort makes it very comfortable for women to shoot, decent size cuts down on the recoil. My sister loves hers.
    The key to making any of these smaller pistols comfortable to shoot is weight that helps tame the recoil. If you're set on a .380 then something with a metal frame is probably the way to go.
    Excellent choice! Added plus the M&P .380 EZ is hammer fired!

I am a Forum User
    Another 1 or 2 for consideration is (my favorite .380) a Sig Sauer 232.. more comfortable for my hand than the 238..
    a CZ 83 is an all steel 380, much heavier than most 380's, & very comfortable to shoot.
    Barrel is mounted to the frame, enhancing accuracy on both pistols.

A small single stack 9mm may be a better choice , there's so many varieties, in all brands, sizes & colors
    Another factor is ammo price... 380 cost much more than 9mm, & for a range shooter, the ammo cost adds up, every time you shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by jasona View Post
    I'm not set on anything...

Now the wife, well, I think she's more set on it from the color, having never shot a .380 (I've suggested, and she's not argued, we hold off until the ranges start renting again, and find one that has an LCP for her to try.)
    Seen this post.

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...=1#post3201537
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Looks like the color she's looking for.

Williams in Flint

https://www.armslist.com/posts/11824...9s-9mm--804318
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dramey82 View Post
    Looks like the color she's looking for.

Williams in Flint

https://www.armslist.com/posts/11824...9s-9mm--804318
    Forwarded to the wife to see if she wants to go for a drive this weekend!

I am a Forum User
    I understand why manufacturers do it but buying a firearm because it comes in a color you like is like putting an elevator in an outhouse, it doesnt belong.

the problem with 380 is the design is so small often, they skimp on sights, everything is about conceal in many older guns, not so much newer stuff like kahr 380s all have good sights, or the sigs p238, or springfield 911 etc.

A nice rubber grip, good sights go a long way, its kinda like 38 wheel guns, not the best to learn on. You transition to it after you learn and get quite good with a 9mm 3.8-4.25 inch barrel. Use your new skills to get by with a smaller more difficult gun.

Other than that, no real reason not to get a 380.

The new ones are affordable, work great, super light, nice triggers, I want one.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasona View Post
    Forwarded to the wife to see if she wants to go for a drive this weekend!
    For anyone with a lcp get a Hogue grip about ten or twelve dollars they fit the old style for sure ask if getting a lcp two.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast