Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    In my opinion theres no comparison between an original LCP and the LCP II. The II is far superior in every aspect. I have one for EDC and I can't imagine a better micro out there but full disclosure there's a lot that I havent shot.

I am a Forum User
    On a personal level I can't stand the LCP's and never liked .380 but that's just me.

I would suggest Kahr CM9 or CW9 for single stack, use to own a CM9 and never should have sold it. Small and was actually nice to shoot. Lots of people I know hated the long trigger break but I never minded it, once you get a feel for the reset it was pretty smooth.

.380 is just a shorter lower pressure version of the 9mm they are the same in terms of diameter but the .380 has a shorter case and a tad lighter round.

To buy or not to buy .380 boils down to your wife and what she is comfortable with. You wont have a ton of kinetic stopping power with 9mm or .380 but both will still make most people think twice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wickettoby1 View Post
    In my opinion theres no comparison between an original LCP and the LCP II. The II is far superior in every aspect. I have one for EDC and I can't imagine a better micro out there but full disclosure there's a lot that I havent shot.
    Heard really good things and for the price you can’t beat it. Never shot .380 myself, but haven’t heard wonderful things. But hey, the wife usually gets what the wife wants hah. If his wife will carry a gun because it’s a pretty color that’s a whole lot better than not carrying the black one that sits at home. Get her something she likes and she’ll carry it...hopefully. Good luck OP, let us know what you (she) get

I am a Forum User
    I’d much rather carry one of my 45’s just for the stopping power but the LCPII shoots so well and it’s just so convenient to drop it in my pants pocket in the Ruger supplied pocket holster and be out the door.

For me the 7rd mags with the extended floor plate are almost a requirement for the LCPII. It gives a place for the pinky to grab onto for that extra control. Smaller hands also seem to work better with these “pocket pistols”.
    Last edited by wickettoby1; 05-21-2020 at 09:00 AM.

I am a Forum User
    I used to have an M&P Bodyguard in 380. It was not a fun gun to shoot, almost too hard to hold on to. I have since replaced it with a Springfield 911, which is almost the exact same size, but in 9mm. I enjoy shooting that one, I'm not too sure what the difference is yet, but it's easier on the hands shooting. It's more or less identical to the Sig 938.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123