Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts.... Vector and Roni

I’m mostly thinking out loud here, and looking for input...

I was dead set on getting 6.5” 10mm Vector with a brace, as I have been wanting a PCC, especially in 10mm, for a long time. Income has gone down, and a $1500 PCC is looking a bit painful.

But here’s the thing....I already have a Glock 20C, a ton of mags, and even a handful of Kriss happy sticks. Why not just Micro Roni the Glock?

Being it’s a 20C, I’d have to buy a drop in barrel for it so the comp ports don’t cook the Roni....so a Lone Wolf 6.5” threaded barrel would put me at what I would have had in the Vector. I know I’d have to rip out the “muzzle” device the Roni has to accommodate the long barrel, but that doesn’t bother me. OAL would be shorter than the Vector since it’s feeding from the grip instead of well forward of the grip like on the Vector (this will be a HD/ Jeep gun).

So... a micro Roni will be about $250, an Alpha Wolf 6.5” threaded barrel about $150....and probably some stupid muzzle device because I can for $50.....so $450 invested on top of a Glock I already own and rarely shoot on its own anymore. A grand less than a whole new Vector.

Does anyone have any experience with these new Gen 2 Micro Ronis? Or Ronis in general? Are they worthwhile, or just toys? Is it worth cheaping out on going that route to save $1000?

MGO Board of Directors

I've fired them and they are a blast!

I shouldered it. I wish now that I had used the brace just to see what it was like. A Roni would certainly be a fun gun to own.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    I would take a look at the flux defense brace setup. Does what you want in a much more compact package.

Quote Originally Posted by Evansky2 View Post
    I would take a look at the flux defense brace setup. Does what you want in a much more compact package.

I do like those, but not for this application. I’d really like to have a SMG/ PDW type PCC so I can have a good forward grip, a light, and rail for an optic. Something just a bit more substantial than a pistol with a brace.

I am a Forum User
    It's too bad they don't make a Roni for Mac 10s. Macaroni, get it? Har....harrr.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    It's too bad they don't make a Roni for Mac 10s. Macaroni, get it? Har....harrr.
    How much did you giggle with this one? Haha

I say go the Roni route. Saves you the cash and gets you what it seems like you’re looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post

Micro Roni

Micro-roni

Microroni

....they knew what they were doing.....lol

I am a Forum User
    tagged to the thread to observe and learn- interesting idea.. I have a glock 22 and would be a nice idea to have a 40 SW version

MGO Member
    I bought one a few years ago. My intention was to try it out and see if I liked it, with the thought of doing an SBR Glock with one. I planned to either buy the stock and swap out, or sell the brace version and get the SBR version. At that time there were some differences between the two, mosty so you didn’t end up with a front pistol grip on the pistol.

Overall the concept is good. In practice, I find the length of pull if shouldering the brace is really short. I’m not huge by any means, but it’s pretty short. The SBR version is about 2” longer. Also, the brace is right in the way of holding the grip when folded. Not that I shoot it folded, but I find that feature annoying. And the brace doesn’t lock in place when folded. It just flops around. Again, not the end of the world but still an annoyance. The frame has a bracket that would catch the stock when folded, but does not engage the brace. They may have fixed these issues with the Gen 2. I don’t know for sure.

To cycle the slide, there is a plastic piece that fits onto the back of the slide, using the cocking serrations. If you have an aftermarket slide, it may not work.

They make these for the G20/21 size gun. Also, you can buy the Micro Roni for the G17 or G19 size, but the two don’t interchange. It has to do with how the gun fits into the chassis. You could possibly buy a couple of internal parts to swap out if one wanted to switch between gun sizes.

Later, I ended up buying the KPOS Scout to go with the SBR. It has the longer buttstock, which is more comfortable to shoot. It uses an AR15-type charging handle that engages the front of the slide, so slide profile isn’t as important.

The KPOS will also work with both the G17 and G19 size guns. Which is a neat feature, but not helpful here, since I don’t have an SBR G19. But I can swap barrels & slides around within the G17 size guns. So I can run 9mm, .40, and .357 Sig through mine.

Neither will work with a silencer without some surgery. I think the KPOS would be a little easier to modify, but I haven’t done so yet. I would want to order some spare parts so I could switch back.

Last edited by GarrettJ; 05-22-2020 at 05:01 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Or the new RT 20/20. I have the KPOS and the 20/20. The 20/20 is light years ahead of the KPOS. And the 20/20 is a brace, so you don't have to SBR your Glock.

Last edited by Northcountry2007; 05-23-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast