Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<
July Annual Meeting - Post 46 Saturday July 11th. This is a free event and you need not be a paid MGO member to attend.CLICK——>>HERE<<—CLICK FOR MORE DETAILS!

NRA

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    MGO Board of Directors

    Trustee PhotoTom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Wayne Co. MI
    Posts
    26,002

    HB 5790 of 2020 - Prohibit FFL from requiring purchase of a firearm in order to purchase ammunition

    HB 5790 of 2020
    Weapons; firearms; requirement to purchase a firearm in order to purchase ammunition; prohibit.
    Last Action: 5/20/2020 bill electronically reproduced 05/20/2020
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

  2. #2
    I see the addition and the good intentions, but I think could still be too much government interference.
    What're the unintended consequences in times like these? The dealer just jacks up the price of ammunition to a ridiculous level, but offers a couple of free boxes with any gun sale?
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

  3. #3
    MGO Member Roundballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I/C "Gateway to the Thumb" Lapeer County
    Posts
    21,002
    I have to ask; is this a past, current or ongoing issue? Are/is this cabal of dimwitocrats looking to create another shortage of ammo? What is this going to resolve that "the market" wouldn't resolve on its' own?

    I know that a lot of what these people do is actually in the attempt for control, but I don't see it here, what are they controlling?


    Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

  4. #4
    MGO Board of Directors

    Trustee PhotoTom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Wayne Co. MI
    Posts
    26,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I have to ask; is this a past, current or ongoing issue? Are/is this cabal of dimwitocrats looking to create another shortage of ammo? What is this going to resolve that "the market" wouldn't resolve on its' own?

    I know that a lot of what these people do is actually in the attempt for control, but I don't see it here, what are they controlling?
    Evidently, Representative Love went to buy some ammo and was told she had to buy a gun to go with it!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I have to ask; is this a past, current or ongoing issue?
    So a legislator is driving down the road nearing an intersection. As he approaches, a man playing the trombone steps away from the curb, causing the legislator to have to hit his brakes. He yells at the trombone player, who steps back and the legislator continues through the intersection. The next day, a bill is introduced that would make crossing the street while playing the trombone illegal.

    And THAT, my friend, is why/how MOST bills are introduced ....
    MGO Member #288
    Reliant Firearms and Transfers, LLC - Howell, Michigan - 01 FFL
    Authorized Dealer: Palmetto State Armory, Aero Precision, Primary Arms, DSG Arms, Atlantic Firearms, AIM Surplus, Rock River Arms
    www.reliantfirearms.com / sales@reliantfirearms.com / 517.258.0130

  6. #6
    MGO Member Tom S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northwest of Detroit
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    So a legislator is driving down the road nearing an intersection. As he approaches, a man playing the trombone steps away from the curb, causing the legislator to have to hit his brakes. He yells at the trombone player, who steps back and the legislator continues through the intersection. The next day, a bill is introduced that would make crossing the street while playing the trombone illegal.

    And THAT, my friend, is why/how MOST bills are introduced ....
    Especially if the trombone player is a member of the opposite party.
    Lighten up Francis.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    Especially if the trombone player is a member of the opposite party.
    You know trombones are non-partisan ...
    MGO Member #288
    Reliant Firearms and Transfers, LLC - Howell, Michigan - 01 FFL
    Authorized Dealer: Palmetto State Armory, Aero Precision, Primary Arms, DSG Arms, Atlantic Firearms, AIM Surplus, Rock River Arms
    www.reliantfirearms.com / sales@reliantfirearms.com / 517.258.0130

  8. #8
    MGO Member Gryphos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    81
    This one is just ridiculous. Laws are not intended to compensate for one's poor preparation.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    Especially if the trombone player is a member of the opposite party.
    The definition of a gentleman "someone who knows how play the trombone, but doesn't".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
only search Michigan Gun Owners Forums
MGO's Facebook MGO's Twitter