Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Looking for Range?

Not sure this is the right place but here goes.

I live in northern MI and am looking for a distance range to shoot at. The only public range over 200yds is over an hour away and still not sure on cost.

I have been around guns most of my life as well as use to sell them at a store front. I am safe and no stranger on how to handle a firearm.

Looking to get out to 500+/- so if anyone knows someone/group near Gaylord or within reasonable distance please let me know. I have no issues at all with helping maintain and/or clean the range as well.

Just want to enjoy my range time and have a little fun. Getting kind of sick with range officers barking at me every time I want to double tap a target or load more than 5 rounds not to mention I have out grown 100/200yds ranges.

Thanks for reading
    David

One of the old bombing run sights should be good to go.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    One of the old bombing run sights should be good to go.
    As in Lewiston? as I understand it they are still in use.

I am a Forum User
    There is an old gravel quarry just south of Waters on the west side of old 27. I haven't been there in a while to remember the distance you could get up to. I'll take a atv ride out there this weekend and check it out.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Einthewoods View Post
    There is an old gravel quarry just south of Waters on the west side of old 27. I haven't been there in a while to remember the distance you could get up to. I'll take a atv ride out there this weekend and check it out.
    Nice let me know I can always take a quick drive I am right up the road.

I am a Forum User
    MRPA used to shoot 1000 yards at Camp Grayling. Don't know what their 2020 Rona schedule looks like. May be completely outdated with them though. Don't know if they're still shooting matches there.

Next option would be MTC down in Lake City. Check their schedule for open / non-sanctioned days.
    Last edited by Quads; 05-20-2020 at 09:45 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    MRPA used to shoot 1000 yards at Camp Grayling. Don't know what their 2020 Rona schedule looks like.

Next option would be MTC down in Lake City. Check their schedule for open / non-sanctioned days.
    From what I read MRPA only really does events and comps unless I missed info on the open range? While comps are the end goal for me I don't feel I am ready to compete just yet and would most likely embarrass myself. I am good at 200yds but need to work on it more as well as increasing my distance.

Lake city is a little far in which case Alpena's 600yd range might be my only option unless I can find a group near to me (fingers crossed).

Thanks for the info about MRPA.