Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Rem 10 - Jack C. Roehl Detroit Amer Legion

I received this Rem 10 12ga from a friend. She has no idea how long it's been under a bed, or if her late husband owned it.

The gun is a Remington 10 Repeating shotgun. It has had untold thousands of rounds through it. The gun has been very well used, probably 1‰ blueing left, and may have lived its life standing behind a cabin door. The bottom of the stock is split, which was a common issue with the model 10. Some sanding to remove some warp in the wood ought to fix it.
    It was like almost 100 years of grit and powder inside when I disassembled it, and no oil.

Jack C. Roehl comes into this as being the gun's former owner. A medallion on the grip is engraved with his name, and Detroit, to signify the American Legion chapter, and has a stud with the A L crest.
    I've searched his name on the A L website and came up with a John C Roehl in the right time period of the 1920s. Any Legionaires reading this that can help?

I've run into a roadblock finding instruction on disassembly of the breech block. Anyone know of a how to?

Numbers match: 184911
    I'm guessing around 1925-27 build date, and probably worth $50, maybe more for parts.
    I'll have to use the desktop to get pictures posted.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member
    If that American Legion Post still exists, I would donate it to them. Make a nice historical display behind the bar, with a picture of her late husband.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Her husband was not a member. She has no idea where the gun came from. I would like to find some info on the PO, but have so far come up empty. Hench my reason to ask here.
    Here are some pics.

2020-05-20_00016.jpg

20200520_191303.jpg

2020-05-20_00022.jpg

20200519_202328.jpg

2020-05-20_00026.jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

YouTube has everything...……………..Good Luck.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
    NRA Life Member
    ICORE Member/Competitor