Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Gun Owners Tracked By Thieves

This story comes out of Houston, TX but I think it's something we ALL need to consider, and not just during the Kung Flu crisis. Especially in light of the ongoing Eastpoint BS.

https://abc13.com/gun-owners-being-t...spike/6202494/

Houston has seen a 17% increase in gun theft compared to last year.
    Granger said the increase is driven, at least in part. by 'gun juggings.' That is when thieves watch a gun owner walk out of a range or gun store and follow them until the gun is left in a parked car. The thieves usually break a window and make off with the weapon.
    They go on to talk about use of vehicle safes, not having firearm stickers on your cars etc....

Got me thinking about this:

I'm honestly not sure what to make of it.

I am a Forum User
    I tend to follow "out of sight, out of mind" hasn't failed me "yet". I never thought about them following or watching at the range though so some food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I tend to follow "out of sight, out of mind" hasn't failed me "yet". I never thought about them following or watching at the range though so some food for thought.
    Criminals are not as stupid as we think. I would not ever think that walking out of a gun shop or gun range, that i would never be followed to my car or in my car or in some other way attacked. Situational awareness doesn't have to end when you close a door.

Most criminals are cowards and half of them are high enuff on something to care less or not even notice the time of day or night, or who is or is not witnessing their acts.

If they were any different they would not be criminals to begin with.

(Except, perhaps, for those who rob places and people to get money for school clothes so they can graduate high school and go on to Harvard)

I am a Forum User
    Great thing about a private range, I don't have to worry about that. And when I do go to a public range, it's far enough from me it wouldn't be worth the thieves time to follow me 1+ hours home.