Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moving to MI

I am a Forum User
    I think you will really enjoy the Plymouth area. Several range / gun clubs within approx 30 mile drive.

I am a Forum User
    Welcome to Michigan! Enjoy your gun freedoms.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joerockt View Post
    Hi guys, in the near future, I'm going to be moving from California to Michigan. I have a question about 2 of my rifles I'm bringing with me. One is a 16" .223 AR and the other is a 20" 6.5 Grendel. The AR is CA compliant currently with a fixed magazine and standard features (pistol grip, collapse stock), the Grendel is not CA compliant and is still equipped with the no longer legal bullet button.

So, the question is, can I take this garbage off of these rifles, affix a standard mag detach and slap in a 30 round magazine the minute I arrive in MI? Hoping that is ok

Already looking forward to getting my CCW permit after 6 months there, next to impossible here in CA.

Normally I'd say: "Don't come to Michigan...it sucks!"...but coming from California...it is an improvement!
    and Welcome!

MGO Member
    Make sure you get a hair cut before you get here looks like it's might be awhile before your next one (see hair cut thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ppruchnicki1 View Post
    Make sure you get a hair cut before you get here looks like it's might be awhile before your next one (see hair cut thread)
    Hahaha, I use a #6 on my non existent hair, its all good.

I am a Forum User
    Make sure to get your MI CPL as soon as you can. It's recognized by more states than any others, IIRC. Alas, CA isn't one of them.

Banned
    We just moved to south carolina due to a monster or a governor there and the lie of covid but...

https://familyshooterscorral.com/range-info/

Was one of my favorite ranges and meets your criteria. Good folks. There is freedom as well.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by I1I1I11II View Post
    We just moved to south carolina due to a monster or a governor there and the lie of covid but...
    What's the real reason you moved, job transfer?

I am a Forum User
    All I have to say is HELL YEA AMERICA

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joerockt View Post
    Hi guys, in the near future, I'm going to be moving from California to Michigan.
    Yet another transplant here....
    You're going to love not having all the Kalifornia gun laws to deal with. You won't love it a much as our roads, winter, real estate taxes, car insurance rates, and left hand turns, but you'll still love it!

Welcome.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast