Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member

Is the Glock 26 obsolete ?

With the many new pistols Such as Sig 365 ,Springfield Hellcat, Glock 43x & 48 with 15 round mags. Is the Glock 26 gone from the carry market?
    It was one of first small pistols in 1995 had a large following . But is now outdated ?

I am a Forum User
    It's a solid argument.

Considering smaller and thinner pistols hold more rounds, it is somewhat obsolete. I'd say the only benefit to the gun is the ability to accept Glock 17 and Glock 19 mags along with 33 rounders too.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    It's a solid argument.

Considering smaller and thinner pistols hold more rounds, it is somewhat obsolete. I'd say the only benefit to the gun is the ability to accept Glock 17 and Glock 19 mags along with 33 rounders too.
    I’d agree with you, and there’s still the crowd that prefers a more full grip and hates the feel of a single stack. I wouldn’t say it’s obsolete, but I’d assume sales are down for sure

Edit: by “full grip” I don’t mean whole hand, I mean a thicker grip vs a single stack.

MGO Member
    Not for me! I carry one almost daily. Had a 43...never carried it, sold it to a friend's wife. I also have a 42...never carry that either. I've never held a 43x or 48 or a hellcat. I've shot a Sig p365 and liked it ok, it had decent sites...but I think I'll stick with my 26. Maybe someone could sway me towards a 48 or 43x...I'd have to see all 3 guns side by side, but it is just easier to stick with what I have a holster for and extra mags.

I have lots of compatible mags...so it makes sense for me to stick with the 26. My other carry option is a 17 or a snub nose in the pocket (which I haven't done in years)...I have holsters to carry a 1911, but I never do.

I am a Forum User
    Not, obsolete, but obsolescent. Sales have definitely gone down since the other guns mentioned have been introduced. Most of our sales seem to be Blue Label program, due to some departments mandating models allowed.

I am a Forum User
    Carry mine daily. Tried probably a dozen competitor’s and always go back to the 26. I prefer the thicker grip and it conceals better than any other gun I’ve tried. The only one I’ll carry once in a great while is the xd-s 45 but I really don’t like the thin grip on it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    Carry mine daily. Tried probably a dozen competitor’s and always go back to the 26. I prefer the thicker grip and it conceals better than any other gun I’ve tried. The only one I’ll carry once in a great while is the xd-s 45 but I really don’t like the thin grip on it.
    I've carried the G26's cousin (.40S&W - G27) for going on 16 years now. I have a P365 in inventory, but I just can't seem to force myself to like it. I prefer the thicker 'Baby Glock' versus the single stacks.

It's all relative. Not much is obsolete if you already carry it, shoot it well, have all the gear holsters mags, custom parts etc. I would pass it up now. It's not obsolete if you bought it ten years ago, have 4 holsters, custom trigger, custom sights and shoot it well.

A webbly is outdated.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    And yet, they make a Gen5. I have a 43X and I am very happy with it, and a G48 upper to go with the 43X lower.

But although the G26 is heavier, it is more concealable IMO because of the shorter grip frame. I have the 26, 27, and 33 and extra barrels to change calibers 27 to 9mm and 357 Sig, the 33 to 9mm and 40. I wouldn't part with any of them The short mags fit and work in my 9mm ARs, and the 19, 17, and 18 (33 round) mags all work in them when they have 9mm barrels. I just love mix'n match.

Can you argue that the P365 or Hellcat are the latest and greatest? Sure. And yet, my next pistol may be a Gen5.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

I am a Forum User
    No.

Joe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast