Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Armed Citizens Stand Guard Against Looters In Minneapolis

By Scott Morefield
    Daily Caller
    May 28th. 2020

A small group of self-described “heavily armed rednecks” guarded several shops against looters Wednesday night as riots erupted across Minneapolis.

When Minnesota Reformer reporter Max Nesterak asked two men with rifles standing outside a tobacco shop to identify themselves, one man responded, “free Americans.”

While the men expressed support for the protests sparked by the death of George Floyd while he was in police custody, they condemned the violence and looting taking place.

“Basically you see the records that cops keep,” one man told Nesterak in a now-viral video posted to Twitter. “And cops are a lot less likely to try and tread on people’s rights when there’s other armed Americans with them. So I figured it’s about damn time that some heavily armed rednecks stood with fellow citizens.”

The men described hearing someone talk about people “defending their businesses” against looters, so they decided to “kit up and go see if these guys need help.”

“It turns out these guys are out here with machetes and shattered windows trying to keep looters out of the businesses ’cause cops can’t get in here,” one man said. “So I figured before there were cops, there were just Americans, so here we are.”

“Bottom line, justice for Floyd and I hope they stop looting at some point. If there were more of us we could go stop them from looting, but it’s just us four,” said the man on the right.

“We definitely don’t agree with the looting, but we agree with the cause of the protests,” the other man said.

Rioters across the city threw objects at police, burned buildings, and looted shops Wednesday night in the aftermath of Floyd’s death.

MGO Member
    Right wing protesters show up in the capital with guns, nothing happens. Left wing protesters show in in a city and it is completely destroyed. Just saying.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by fatskater View Post
    Right wing protesters show up in the capital with guns, nothing happens. Left wing protesters show in in a city and it is completely destroyed. Just saying.
    Not just saying. Fact.

Joe

MGO Member
    Or hard-working barbers and salon owners protest by...get this...CUTTING HAIR on the capital lawn!!! Oh, the humanity!!! They get fined $1,000 each, but looters and arsonists can destroy a city and nothing happens. In fact, many celebrities are encouraging it!

I am a Forum User
    That's not what the leftstream media tells me. I was told over and over that it was an armed militia that stormed the Michigan capitol.

The same media would try to have us believe what's going on now is just some protesters.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
    Or hard-working barbers and salon owners protest by...get this...CUTTING HAIR on the capital lawn!!! Oh, the humanity!!! They get fined $1,000 each, but looters and arsonists can destroy a city and nothing happens. In fact, many celebrities are encouraging it!
    Not only that,but the cops bailed out,just like L.A.,and other cities,and then three police precincts got torched.
    So, how are the cops supposed to defend us,when they can't defend themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    So, how are the cops supposed to defend us,when they can't defend themselves?

Seems more like won't/not allowed to defend themselves and us.

After seeing armed citizens protecting themselves and establishments, I started seriously thinking about actually using a firearm in this situation if things escalated. When would someone be legally justified in using deadly force (i.e. shooting someone)? Does one wait to be physically attacked (probably too late), or are there other scenarios that justify deadly force when things start to go south (e.g. rioters damaging property and looting)? I would think that those protecting stores, etc., might have to just sit by and watch property damage/theft occur, or face serious legal action. I hope I'm never in that position, but respect those that have stepped up.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by bjmusico View Post
    Seems more like won't/not allowed to defend themselves and us.

After seeing armed citizens protecting themselves and establishments, I started seriously thinking about actually using a firearm in this situation if things escalated. When would someone be legally justified in using deadly force (i.e. shooting someone)? Does one wait to be physically attacked (probably too late), or are there other scenarios that justify deadly force when things start to go south (e.g. rioters damaging property and looting)? I would think that those protecting stores, etc., might have to just sit by and watch property damage/theft occur, or face serious legal action. I hope I'm never in that position, but respect those that have stepped up.
    If you're in an establishment where you have a right to be, and you can't "retreat" from where you are due to looters trying to get into your building from all angles, you'd might be justified in using lethal force against looters who have entered the structure - but it could get expensive trying to convince a jury that you had reason to fear for your safety if, instead of "reasonable people", it's stuffed full of people who believe that the looters are just peacefully protesting
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  14.3 KB For some reason the OPs picture was cropped.

Real American Heroes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast