Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

View Poll Results: What caliber do you prefer for self-defense 9mm or 45 ACP?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • 9mm

38 61.29%
  • 45 ACP

24 38.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Of the two 9mm gives you more capacity in the same size, more ammo choices, cheaper ammo, and WAY better penetration. On the other hand I find .45 much more pleasant to shoot recoil-wise.

I just happen to like 1911s I guess old school .45 1911s. I also have a couple 9s I like to carry, For something I can carry with jeans and a T-shirt
    I have a Pa63 in 9mak it's almost totally invisible. I also like to grab a revolver here and there so I may have a 38special or a 44mag. I think as long as you're carrying is a better philosophy than what caliber as they all have their good and bad, I mean who would say a 357 mag isn't a good self defense round.
    IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit View Post
    I just happen to like 1911s I guess old school .45 1911s. I also have a couple 9s I like to carry, For something I can carry with jeans and a T-shirt
    I have a Pa63 in 9mak it's almost totally invisible. I also like to grab a revolver here and there so I may have a 38special or a 44mag. I think as long as you're carrying is a better philosophy than what caliber as they all have their good and bad, I mean who would say a 357 mag isn't a good self defense round.
    IMHO.
    I saw someone ask on FB "Thoughts on .38 Special?" And the top reply was ".38 Special hasn't been a viable self defense round in decades!"

Which begs the question: what happened 20 to 30 years ago to make humans suddenly more resistant to .38 Special?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    I saw someone ask on FB "Thoughts on .38 Special?" And the top reply was ".38 Special hasn't been a viable self defense round in decades!"

Which begs the question: what happened 20 to 30 years ago to make humans suddenly more resistant to .38 Special?
    Haha that’s amazing. I don’t wanna get shot with a BB gun, let alone a .38 special. Whatever you carry will work with modern ammunition. Also that video that was linked was amazing to watch, very informative. Pistol calibers are weak, rifle calibers are devastating. Carry a rifle

1st rule of a gun fight, have a gun.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    This is an excellent video on the topic, I'll let you form your own conclusions:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y
    This is a great video to show those that haven't done research to start them down that road.

Handguns sucks, but still better then a sharp stick.
    Whatever you carry, make sure it's reliable, you will carry it, and that you can shoot it well. Research what ammo will consistently perform well in FBI style testing, then make sure it works well in your gun.

I carry a 9mm because it does everything it needs and holds 20 rounds of Gold Dot 124 +P.

I am a Forum User

Increasing obesity rates perhaps?

MGO Member
    I've liked this speech by Dr Andreas Grabinsky on treating gunshot wounds. It has some graphic images of wounds, but basically my takeaway:

Unless you get a good head/heart shot, people can continue to fight for a decent period of time - until they bleed out. Carry what makes people bleed out the quickest.

I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Increasing obesity rates perhaps?
    That's what I was thinking as well, level 2 blubber armor.

Miami-Dade

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast