Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    of the 4 I have built over the years I never had to tap one hard enough to force the slide

Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    of the 4 I have built over the years I never had to tap one hard enough to force the slide
    If I'm honest, neither have I, but that's how it was described to me by a smith with a lot more experience than I have

MGO Member
    if it doesn't fit stop and see what the problem is then again mans best friend is the hammer

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bae125 View Post
    Easier than you might think. Typically when fitting the slide it's the tapping to the rear without enough clearance for the rail in the front of the slide: uneven compression
    I believe what happened is the slide actually was bad originally, looking it over the other day there was a chunk of the rail hanging down putting downward pressure on the frame pointing forward which would explain why it went on but didn't wanna come off as easy, I'm replacing both slide and frame

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bae125 View Post
    If I'm honest, neither have I, but that's how it was described to me by a smith with a lot more experience than I have
    The funny thing is I never forced it on, so the only thing I can thing happened is that the slide was messed up before I tried getting it on, which is unbelievably stupid but it's my luck I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo9991 View Post
    The funny thing is I never forced it on, so the only thing I can thing happened is that the slide was messed up before I tried getting it on, which is unbelievably stupid but it's my luck I guess
    It happens.

Trust me, I've had a ton of expensive "learning moments" over the years too. This is the way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12